Hello

orangy

So, hello everyone!

I'm new here in AVEN and I'm also only in my mid/late teens. I'm studying arts and I love baking (fortunate coincidence, more cake!)

Anyway, a couple of years back I started to realize maybe I wasn't like the ones around me in terms of sexuality, and a few months ago I found out about asexuality. Months of feeling insecure and frightened that I was some sort of freak or that I was broken somehow were immedietly replaced with relief and happiness that I actually wasn't alone, there were people and communities who shared this feeling.

After a few days of processing all of this, stuff from when I was a kid and stuff that I still go through made a ridiculous ammount of sense and for the first time I was comfortable with this aspect of myself. Now I know why I saw my two "crushes" as pretty when most probably wouldn't think much about them and that them being my best friends (at respective times) wasn't a coincidence. Now I know I'm not just a late bloomer and why when my friends would stand at attention before giggling in the street I would be just "oh that guy has a cool print on his shirt".

Everytime I search about this I learn new things and now I know I'm probably not 100% ace but I don't know wich words  to use yet. I also came to terms that I could, have fallen, and maybe will again, for another girl, and so I told my brother and closest friends I'm bisexual (even though it's really bi/panromantic). I've never experienced sexual attraction, but I did pay more attention to the aesthetic of my "crushes" after getting close to them, so I guess I'm close to demisexual? I'm not too worried for now, but I would like to eventually settle for something and be able to explain it to the ones closest to me without fear.

Well, if you read through all of that I hope it wasn't too boring, I created this account a bit ago and decided to share some of the stuff I've been feeling but can't really share verbally, and how happy I am that I found a place like this :D

Platonic Underdog

No, it isn't boring at all. My own story was pretty mundane: no pressure from family, friends thought I was weird for not having crushes, discovered ace aro and came out to family with no issues about it. But that's why aven is here: to connect with people like us and allow us to share our stories and help each other out. It's awesome that you've found a sexuality spectrum that you feel comfortable in. It's great that you've found a place where you can talk about being ace spectrum, I think it's a pretty great place myself 😊 I hope you continue to enjoy your time here 😄

Welcome! You’re not alone , and you’re not broken, you’re you and you’re perfect :) As for the crushes thing there are different types of attraction, and aesthetic is different to romantic.

Sketchcomic - types of Attraction

Welcome @orangy! I'm glad you've found an outlet to express your emotions. I'm in the closet except for two friends, so I know how hard it can be to keep all this stuff in.

I hope you love AVEN.:cake:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

On 3/18/2018 at 2:58 AM, Platonic Underdog said:

No, it isn't boring at all. My own story was pretty mundane: no pressure from family, friends thought I was weird for not having crushes, discovered ace aro and came out to family with no issues about it. But that's why aven is here: to connect with people like us and allow us to share our stories and help each other out. It's awesome that you've found a sexuality spectrum that you feel comfortable in. It's great that you've found a place where you can talk about being ace spectrum, I think it's a pretty great place myself 😊 I hope you continue to enjoy your time here 😄

Thank you very much! Oh, my friends think that too ahahah but I do know I have those who wouldn't pressure me either but yes! definetly! It was so amazing I found this place and I'm certainly enjoying it! :lol: once again thank you so much! :D

On 3/18/2018 at 8:10 AM, Lichley said:

Welcome! You’re not alone , and you’re not broken, you’re you and you’re perfect :) As for the crushes thing there are different types of attraction, md aesthetic is different to romantic.

Sketchcomic - types of Attraction

Wow that actually means more to me than what I thought, thank you.

That's really helpfull, thanks for sharing it, I wasn't sure about what words to use but I guess I'm closer to being ace with a secondary romantic attraction, if that's how it's said? :lol:

17 hours ago, AceEllie said:

Welcome @orangy! I'm glad you've found an outlet to express your emotions. I'm in the closet except for two friends, so I know how hard it can be to keep all this stuff in.

I hope you love AVEN.:cake:

Thanks! I see, I'm not really ready to come out to the world just yet, thanks for understanding 😊 I'm sure I will, thank you once again :D

6 hours ago, .Lia said:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

I'll check them out, thank you very much :D

3 hours ago, orangy said:

Wow that actually means more to me than what I thought, thank you.

That's really helpfull, thanks for sharing it, I wasn't sure about what words to use but I guess I'm closer to being ace with a secondary romantic attraction, if that's how it's said? :lol:

That sounds right. Although the details don’t matter as much as you being comfortable with how you feel :)

Subtly changes the spelling mistake in the first post

Platonic Underdog
3 hours ago, orangy said:

Thank you very much! Oh, my friends think that too ahahah but I do know I have those who wouldn't pressure me either but yes! definetly! It was so amazing I found this place and I'm certainly enjoying it! :lol: once again thank you so much! :D

Aw, you're welcome. Its great that you're enjoying your time here so far 😊

On 3/19/2018 at 10:22 PM, Lichley said:

That sounds right. Although the details don’t matter as much as you being comfortable with how you feel :)

Subtly changes the spelling mistake in the first post

Yeah, you're right, thank you very much ^_^ (sorry it took me so long to awnser!)

I didn't even notice but now I have to go check what I wrote too

Archived