Celebratory QPR Post and Small Query :P

Orianaro

Yay I'm in a QPR :D This is just a quick post because I'm happy. We kind of casually accidentally confirmed it with each other today, and it's made me unexpectedly really happy, especially because it involved no awkwardness on my part. So yay :) I find it kinda cool that this is the year I did research on and finally labelled myself an aromantic asexual, so its just really cool to have seen things actually progress and have some hope for relationships of a deeper kind in the future. 

Is anyone else in a QPR here? In which case, how did that happen? I've never really heard of other QPRs before, but they're really cool. And also, did you feel this inexplicably elated after it was confirmed/voiced? Because I'm starting to understand why people like getting officially asked out or asked to be a girl/boyfriend. 

Gah I'm just happy :D I wish QPRs had more exposure, because I feel like sharing my happiness with everyone :P Have some cats :) 

Related image

Omg, first of all I frickin’ love cats to death They’re soo adoable.

*ahem*

Anyway, yeah I’m in a QPR and I was super elated after we confirmed it. 

I slowly realized what I was feeling for this girl was not just friend status but yet, I knew I didn’t want to date her. I agonized over it for awhile (and researched it), I texted her in the middle of the night (because we’re typically both up at that time). She didn’t respond so I ended up writing a Sherlock fanfiction to try to further sort out my feelings. The next day she responded and I asked her if she knew what a queerplatonic relationship was. And I sent her the wiki link and told her that’s how I felt about her. She responded the same! I was so elated that I finished that fanfic and posted it. 

But yeah, I was super estatic and I still go soft when I think of me and her. 

I probably wouldn’t have brought it up to her if I hadn’t already known she was ace though. I would’ve been a little worried if I thought she was straight (as she probably would’ve not know and might’ve been freaked out at my more than best friend attraction.)

*celebrates* :cake::cake::cake::cake: Yes!! Congrats!! That is so awesome. : )) I'm super happy for you and your QPP.

It happened fairly similarly for me and @OptimisticPessimist, too!! It just sort of happened lol. Really casually in our messaging on FB...we were talking about getting friendship necklaces. And that spurred the random, not-so-random question about being in a QPR! And we both agreed that it seemed like we were already in one without defining it like just how close we were and how we cared for each other...so then we made it official. : )) 

2 hours ago, Orianaro said:

And also, did you feel this inexplicably elated after it was confirmed/voiced?

Yes. :P Oh my gosh, I was so giddy lol. I never felt like that either!

I'm not in a QPR, currently, but I still wanted to say congratulations to every one of you!! :D 

Those kittens are so cute~.

9 hours ago, ReyGraves said:

I slowly realized what I was feeling for this girl was not just friend status but yet, I knew I didn’t want to date her. I agonized over it for awhile (and researched it), I texted her in the middle of the night (because we’re typically both up at that time). She didn’t respond so I ended up writing a Sherlock fanfiction to try to further sort out my feelings. The next day she responded and I asked her if she knew what a queerplatonic relationship was. And I sent her the wiki link and told her that’s how I felt about her. She responded the same! I was so elated that I finished that fanfic and posted it. 

That sounds like something I would do. xD

Mezzo Forte

Congrats on your QPR! Glad to hear that you found someone who makes you happy :) 

I've never had a QPR, but very, very rarely, my friendships can sometimes become very QPR-like because of the nature of how I handle emotional intimacy. I think I would appreciate having an official QPR one day, but right now, I still need time to process some of my more recent revelations and life experiences before I can really even begin to think of seeking one out.

Archived