Introduction and greetings!

Masterman

Hi! I've joined a few days ago but I haven't had time to write until now.

First, a brief introduction. I'm a 28-year-old male, and I'm a hetero-asexual. I've been aware of what I am since early childhood, and I remember being repulsed by the sole idea of sex from the first moment I heard about it, but I didn't know the term "asexuality", or that there were more people like me until about five years ago or so. It was a very important moment for me to discover about this, though I'm disappointed there are so few of us and that there's no greater awareness about asexuality from the general public.

I still feel pretty much alone, even with the knowledge that there are more of us, because I've never met one and it seems like all our surroundings are extremely sex-driven.

I've said earlier that I'm a hetero-asexual (and I know these terms vary from one place to another, but that's the one I like), because as adverse to sex as I am, I'm very sensible towards female beauty from an entirely aesthetic point of view. I just find that this attraction is no different from people who like to look at beautiful cars or architecture, and there's no sexual component on it at all. I can't even stand nudity, though I'm okay with wholesome sensuality.

Anyway, back to my earlier topic, I've decided to finally join a community (this one seemed to be one of the largest) to see if it helps me improve my feelings of isolation by being among others who may feel a bit like me. I don't know if it works, but I sorely hope so!

Also, I'm very open, so if you want to know something else about me, drop me a line here. I created this post hastily and I probably forgot a lot of important stuff.

I'm glad to meet you all!

EngineeRaven

Hi! Welcome among us! :) You'll find that many people here understand and share your thoughts and experiences. You are not alone!

Here, have some cake! :cake:

Welcome to AVEN! :cake::cake::cake: glad to see you on here and it's a great place to meet other aces, personally I haven't met another ace in person either and it is a little discouraging but at least we all have this community, hope you find everything you are looking for! 

Nice to meet you! You're absolutely not alone, but we're all here for ya :cake:

wonderflonium

Welcome!  I can relate to your comment about aesthetic attraction.  :)   :cake:

Welcome! If you’re interested in meeting people in real life we have the Meetup Mart where you can organise and look at meeting in your local area :) 

c3.jpg

Thank you so much for your kind responses!

I've got to ask about the cakes, though. Are they some kind of asexuality symbol or some kind of forum tradition?

Thanks again and sorry about my ignorance!

Well, thanks! I'm still very new to the "community" aspect of this, so I'm not aware of the symbols and language.

Curiously enough, I'm eating a real life cake right now!

StreetlightDawn

Welcome! :cake: I get you on feeling isolated. Joining this community has helped a bit, but I've yet to meet another ace IRL. I hope this forum is helpful for you!

Hi and welcome to the AVEN community! I hope you meet some people here, they are great! The cake thing is that cake is better than sex, at least that is what I think. Oh, and it's a way o welcome people. Glad to have you here and have some cake! 

Related image  Image result for asexual cake meme

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived