Wordsy nonsense incoming

Celyn: The Lutening

Hi all! I'm terribly excited to be here in a place where I can be totally myself, from what I've seen it seems like a beautifully welcoming place. Though I'm still shaking at the thought of taking the mask off... :/

I'm definitely demisexual and I haven't had a lot of problems with that, friends and family accept it and people I date usually seem to understand that the sex is highly unlikely and if it's ever going to happen, they have to be amazing and deal with waiting for about a year for the connection to develop. I'm a bit new to the idea of labels for romanticism but I think I'm panromantic. But I'm not sure whether I really am or just confused with my aesthetic/sensual appreciation of all genders. (I understand the "but you wouldn't romance a painting thing, but for me romance is a bit like trying to buy a painting - you want to be around that pleasing thing forever).

Gender is really uncomfortable and confusing for me, "androgenous" is closest to what I am but I'm still super unsure. I absolutely hate the secondary sexual characteristics of my body. I've thought about transitioning but I want to escape the box altogether, not move to the other box. Maybe agender but I still feel like I'm on the spectrum somewhere. (Using my box analogy, I'm still in the room where the boxes are, not in the void). So I imagine I'll be floating around the gender discussion a fair bit.

Anyway, thanks so much for being here, it's great to join you *waves*

Hey Celyn

Welcome to AVEN!

We are a diverse group here, so I'm sure you'll find users who you will be able to relate to. Attractions and genders can be rather confusing, they seem separate yet interlinked at the same time, time can only tell which ones fit us the best. If you ever feel like dropping labels and just running with the term "queer" that's okay too (:

Best of luck!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thanks Lia for being such a lovely and dedicated admin. Glydlynch, you make an excellent argument for "queer" but I'm a scientist so I like labelling things. Anyway, after some (read: too much) reading of the gender threads, I'm still not sure about my label but I have a path to presenting the way I want (basically an elf prince :p) so that's taken a weight o my shoulders :)

Welcome! There’s a really good YouTube series : Ash Hardell’s ABCs of LGBT, that has some really good explanations on the different terms. Maybe you can find something more suitable there?

pancakecake.png

Archived