Pretty women

Grumpy Alien

“Pretty” is subjective. What is pretty to one person may be ugly to the next.

3 minutes ago, Graceful said:

True, although women seen as very pretty in general by people are of no interest to me. Is it part of this ‘out of your league’ thing so I automatically deny myself any emotions towards them or I just think they look very fake? 🤔

Grumpy Alien
1 minute ago, Princess Merida said:

True, although women seen as very pretty in general by people are of no interest to me. Is it part of this ‘out of your league’ thing so I automatically deny myself any emotions towards them or I just think they look very fake? 🤔

Either, both, or another reason entirely? I don’t know what exactly you mean by “very pretty in general.” Symmetrical features? A certain style of clothing and makeup? Tiny waist? Long hair?

2 minutes ago, Graceful said:

Either, both, or another reason entirely? I don’t know what exactly you mean by “very pretty in general.” Symmetrical features? A certain style of clothing and makeup? Tiny waist? Long hair?

It can just be the face alone. I see that they’ve got a beautiful face, nice hair, eyes and well applied makeup and so I must find them good looking on a personal level. I instantly feel no interest though. It just seems so contradictory. If I find them good looking then why no attraction?

Alejandrogynous

Do you find anyone attractive to look at?

Beauty is subjective. I don't really care for the stereotypical standards of beauty in western society, but there are loads of people that don't fall into that category that I think are gorgeous. It doesn't mean I'm "turned off" by pretty women, it means my personal tastes are different from what society considers ideal.

6 minutes ago, Alejandrogynous said:

Do you find anyone attractive to look at?

Beauty is subjective. I don't really care for the stereotypical standards of beauty in western society, but there are loads of people that don't fall into that category that I think are gorgeous. It doesn't mean I'm "turned off" by pretty women, it means my personal tastes are different from what society considers ideal.

I’m only attracted to personality. It doesn’t matter how good looking they are. I ask because so many people seem to find attraction in looks alone.

If I see a woman all dressed up in a tight dress, heels and full makeup its a HUGE turnoff for me. Ew!

I’m feeling like an alien again. :( 

Maybe it’s from my chronic illness and long term depression.

Well, personally I am turned off by everyone, regardless of how attractive other people may say they look, but beauty is held in the eye of the beholder, so it is entirely dependent upon what you feel is pretty or handsome or beautiful or attractive or anything else, those things are entirely opinionated. 

NerotheReaper

As said pretty is subjective, what I find pretty might not be pretty to someone else. There is women who wear make-up, others who do not. Both can be very pretty, it is personal preference. For some, wearing make up or dressing up makes them feel good. Like clean clothes or sheets, it just feels nice and makes one happy. 

I wouldn't say I get turned off, but intimidated for sure.  I can still appreciate he view, but there's no way in hell I'm going to try talking to them if they're "out of my league" so to speak.  If they're super pretty it's a look but don't engage situation because it's pretty much guaranteed to end in rejection.

SorryNotSorry
1 hour ago, Graceful said:

^This.^

But someone can be good-looking on the outside while being a horrible person on the inside.

12 minutes ago, Woodworker1968 said:

But someone can be good-looking on the outside while being a horrible person on the inside.

A lot are horrible on the inside I expect. 

48 minutes ago, Claire1983 said:

I wouldn't say I get turned off, but intimidated for sure.  I can still appreciate he view, but there's no way in hell I'm going to try talking to them if they're "out of my league" so to speak.  If they're super pretty it's a look but don't engage situation because it's pretty much guaranteed to end in rejection.

I'm not sure I could say that I'm intimidated because I'd need to be attracted to start with. I can relate to what you say about rejection though.

Depends on the atmosphere she creates. Is this woman just keeping herself up for her own self respect? Great! Or, does she seem to think her shit don't stink? See ya!

Pretty/attractive/beautiful, to me, is more about what's inside than what's outside. But if you're literally just talking 'aesthetically attractive' then it really depends on personal preferences.

Like, I have no interest in Megan Fox:

js0m4l.jpg

But it's not so much because of her face, it's more that I'm not really a fan of her, er, 'acting', and she never seems to have much personality.

Whereas I find this woman

3-three-billboards-outside-ebbing-script-review.jpg

extremely physically attractive because I admire her acting and the types of roles she often chooses, and she seems like a really funny, nice, intelligent lady in real life.

2 hours ago, Princess Merida said:

If I see a woman all dressed up in a tight dress, heels and full makeup its a HUGE turnoff for me. Ew!

That's not uncommon, even the straightest men (and most lesbian ladies) can be turned off by the heels and tight dress look, give me a woman in a pair of overalls any day (like the woman in the pic above, whose name is Frances McDormand, or Ripley of course <3

tumblr_p1vlz0cOpX1ww403yo1_400.jpg

Now that's an attractive lady :wub:

I’m only attracted to personality. It doesn’t matter how good looking they are. I ask because so many people seem to find attraction in looks alone.

If you were truly ONLY attracted to personality, then what would a woman's looks matter? And what would it matter what she chooses to wear? It technically wouldn't matter how conventionally attractive she is as long as she has a great personality :o 

1 hour ago, Princess Merida said:

Anyone can be horrible (or wonderful) on the inside, regardless of their looks. Great looks don't automatically mean someone is an awful person inside!

This certainly isn't uncommon (personality is very important to a LOT of people) and again, for many people, what they find attractive in someones 'looks' can be COMPLETELY different than what someone else finds attractive to look at.

However, again, if personality was all that mattered to you then one would think looks wouldn't matter at all, no matter how good looking that person is (as long as they have a great personality!) :o

Alejandrogynous
1 hour ago, Princess Merida said:

Why? Maybe that's one of the reasons you find that sort of beauty so unattractive, if you have that kind of association.

27 minutes ago, Alejandrogynous said:

Why? Maybe that's one of the reasons you find that sort of beauty so unattractive, if you have that kind of association.

Hmm, I suppose I'm focusing on negative past experiences again. Not good. :/

It's true that beauty is personal preference. I must just be frustrated to not experience much (if any) physical attraction I guess. It makes me feel sad because I did experience it a long time ago.

Clothes do express someone's personality and intentions to an extent. What we draw from that then determines whether we're attracted or not. For example, I like seeing a woman wearing a knee length flowy skirt/dress and low heels. This is someone I want to get to know and have good conversations with. I would feel comfortable approaching them. A woman wearing a short tight dress and high heels just gives the impression that she doesn't want much more than fun and sex. I would never approach them... EVER.

andreas1033
4 hours ago, Princess Merida said:

Is it normal to be turned off by women that are really pretty?

We all prejudice, based on what has happened in our lifes, and what we are.

Humans are too complicated to answer your question. People like people and dislike people for all sorts of reasons.

From my perspective, i have always ignored females whom think there no2's do not stink, as the saying goes. People whom think you should have your tongue out panting for them.

Thats part of being male, and all asexual. For me, i have always been like that, and always will be. Females whom are and think they are very pretty, have got used to alot of attention, and think everyone should give them that attention. Females like that, like us all, understand how most people interact with them. They are not used, to like for instance a male not to be interested, or responding to them in what ever way they normally think a male will.

But i would say, most males, respond to looks like most females respond to looks. But of course its far more complicated than that, like a person like me shows. How i just totally ignored females, no matter how they look.

So, although we all can speak for ourselves, we all may see such a question differently based on who we are, and how we interact with others, and whether as a human, you are sexually activated or not. Having no sex drive, or response will make you not react to good looking females, but also deep seated problems in your psyche may of put you in a position to, that will mean you will be put of by good looking females.

We are all very complicated, and there is no real answer to your question.

Females that think they have power over men, are often just as bad as males whom think they have power over females.

I agree with everyone else saying that everyone just has a personal preference, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just because everyone else thinks a certain type of person is attractive doesn't mean you have too! 

One possible reason I think you might feel this way, however...a lot of people associate that kind of pretty, make up wearing girl as "fake" or "boring" which is unfortunately just stereotyping, but it's common. I'm actually what one would consider a stereotypical mildly attractive blonde and people used to call me a "blonde bimbo" without barely knowing me...but alas that's just the world we live in. 

You might be attracted maybe to someone who seems to care less about their appearance or isn't stereotypically perfectly pretty because they seem more interesting, and that's understandable. I know a lot of people who say they'd rather the quirky looking girl then the blonde supermodel because she seems more fun and down to earth, again stereotyping but also something everyone does to some degree. Not pointing any fingers at you though! Nothing wrong with linking what you like at the end of the day :)

Lord Jade Cross

Read the title. first thing to come to mind was this

4 hours ago, SilentRose said:

I agree with everyone else saying that everyone just has a personal preference, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just because everyone else thinks a certain type of person is attractive doesn't mean you have too! 

One possible reason I think you might feel this way, however...a lot of people associate that kind of pretty, make up wearing girl as "fake" or "boring" which is unfortunately just stereotyping, but it's common. I'm actually what one would consider a stereotypical mildly attractive blonde and people used to call me a "blonde bimbo" without barely knowing me...but alas that's just the world we live in. 

You might be attracted maybe to someone who seems to care less about their appearance or isn't stereotypically perfectly pretty because they seem more interesting, and that's understandable. I know a lot of people who say they'd rather the quirky looking girl then the blonde supermodel because she seems more fun and down to earth, again stereotyping but also something everyone does to some degree. Not pointing any fingers at you though! Nothing wrong with linking what you like at the end of the day :)

Sorry if I came across as stereotyping. I just don't want to get hurt by people so I don't put myself into a place of being rejected.

I don't think most pretty women are fake or boring but there's no interest due to them being out of my league and I look for other things. A nerdy looking girl with glasses is more appealing to me. :)

What you're saying is highlighting that I should just be friendly with people regardless to looks and just because they're very pretty doesn't mean I should put a shield up. I just have this image in my head of smiling at a very pretty girl and having her look at me like I'm dirt on the bottom of her shoe. Again, bad experiences from school days.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I'm with @FictoVore., the pouting princess in the first picture is ten a penny these days, (no offence intended to the individual, as I don't even know her), but the one in the second photo is a lioness!

Alejandrogynous

10 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Read the title. first thing to come to mind was this

I had Sweeney Todd in my head all day. :lol:

Pretty women

Fascinating...

Sipping coffee

Daaaancing....

19 hours ago, Princess Merida said:

It's true that beauty is personal preference. I must just be frustrated to not experience much (if any) physical attraction I guess. It makes me feel sad because I did experience it a long time ago.

Clothes do express someone's personality and intentions to an extent. What we draw from that then determines whether we're attracted or not. For example, I like seeing a woman wearing a knee length flowy skirt/dress and low heels. This is someone I want to get to know and have good conversations with. I would feel comfortable approaching them. A woman wearing a short tight dress and high heels just gives the impression that she doesn't want much more than fun and sex. I would never approach them... EVER.

Out of interest that if a woman was very conventionally attractive (like the girl in the cry first pic I posted, Megan Fox, but was wearing a long skirt and flats? Is it more the clothes or the physical appearance that turns you off do you think?

For me, I don't really approach anyone in a friendship way as I don't experience platonic attraction, but I do know what you're saying: sometimes certain clothes can indicate that someone isn't someone you'd want to hang out with, HOWEVER, sometimes even the staunchest ace may be wearing heels and a tight short skirt because some people just like those types of clothes even if they're not looking for sex or particularly vein or anything!! But yeah like I said I'm not someone who needs or wants friends regardless so I just avoid everyone regardless of what they're wearing :P

9 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

Out of interest that if a woman was very conventionally attractive (like the girl in the cry first pic I posted, Megan Fox, but was wearing a long skirt and flats? Is it more the clothes or the physical appearance that turns you off do you think?

For me, I don't really approach anyone in a friendship way as I don't experience platonic attraction, but I do know what you're saying: sometimes certain clothes can indicate that someone isn't someone you'd want to hang out with, HOWEVER, sometimes even the staunchest ace may be wearing heels and a tight short skirt because some people just like those types of clothes even if they're not looking for sex or particularly vein or anything!! But yeah like I said I'm not someone who needs or wants friends regardless so I just avoid everyone regardless of what they're wearing :P

I prefer to see a woman’s real face so subtle make up is pleasant but anything more turns me off. That woman is out of my league so is again of no interest - the door in my mind closes straight away. That said, she looks like a porcelain doll and I’m not attracted to that.

2 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

... conventionally attractive (like the girl in the cry first pic I posted, Megan Fox ...

Ew. I don’t even want to look at that picture, I find it so repulsive. 🤮 She just doesn’t look like a human being to me, she looks like a plastic statue. I like a person that looks cuddly, warm and friendly; someone I can have a normal conversation with beyond “I am so gorgeous”. 

3 minutes ago, Thea2 said:

Ew. I don’t even want to look at that picture, I find it so repulsive. 🤮 She just doesn’t look like a human being to me, she looks like a plastic statue. I like a person that looks cuddly, warm and friendly; someone I can have a normal conversation with beyond “I am so gorgeous”. 

One thing I find interesting is the way people can be so mean about someone who is 'conventionally pretty' but then if they met someone who was more, er,'conventionally ugly' they'd be nice out of politeness and not make mean remarks about their appearance, haha. I've been guilty of it myself (you should have heard how mean I was about Emma Watson in the Beauty and the Beast remake, lol).. it's quite an odd phenomenon!! We can't know whether Megan Fox as a person (or other girls who look like her) might actually be really lovely, kind, generous people in person, but it doesn't stop that immediate reaction to a face like hers which is almost 'repulsion' in a way,whereas we probably wouldn't react the same if someone had a deformity or a big nose or crooked teeth or whatever! We probably wouldn't judge their face or notice their 'flaws' (which I don't really even see as flaws personally), but as soon as we see someone with a face like Megan Fox she's fair game for mean comments, haha. Fortunately Megan isn't here reading this thread or I'd feel about the stuff we've said about her :P

Archived