Dysphoria... Kinda?

kingcranberry

kingcranberry

I'm genderfluid but tend to stay on the masculine side most times, going by he/him, wearing masculine clothing, etc. However, my birth gender is female, making it easier to fluctuate between feminine, masculine, and androgynous, seeing that it is easy to cover up your chest and then wear something feminine to become that gender for whatever day you are. But despite that, I don't find myself in a very tough position regarding my gender and my body. As far as I know, gender dysphoria is wanting to change your outward appearance to match that of your inner appearance, and that of another gender rather than your own. But even though I absolutely would rather go by he/him, I find that I'm quite satisfied with my body: wearing looser, more masculine jeans and hoodies to hide any femininity that I might have. I'm a little confused, then. If I don't find my body disconcerting, but I still go by he/him most of the time, am I dysphoric? Please help a guy out! Thank you, guys and gals and nonbinary pals!

Dysphoria has different types. Maybe when you go by he/him you’re alieving social dysphoria (regarding how people see you). Maybe you just don’t feel physical dysphoria (how you feel in regards to your body). 

(There’s also mental dysphoria and more subtle dysphoria that can manifest.)

• 4 months later...
kingcranberry
On 3/14/2018 at 10:32 PM, ReyGraves said:

Dysphoria has different types. Maybe when you go by he/him you’re alieving social dysphoria (regarding how people see you). Maybe you just don’t feel physical dysphoria (how you feel in regards to your body). 

(There’s also mental dysphoria and more subtle dysphoria that can manifest.)

Ah, this makes a lot of sense actually.

Archived