Songs that as asexual seems "contradictory" to like

Lucas Monteiro

Lucas Monteiro

So, I was listening to the song "Cake By The Ocean" by DNCE, and I like the song because it has a good vibe and a beat of funky style. But the song it's mainly about doing sex on the beach or just thinking in doing it, if someone doesn't know, cake on pop songs are an euphemism for sex. I prefer to think that the song truly talks about people just eating cake, to like more the song :D

Basically, after listening and thinking for a while, I thought if maybe other asexuals like songs that in their lyrics while talking about something sexual or that in general seems that asexuals wouldn't like to hear about, they still like and thus somehow seems "contradictory".

I think Joe Jonas said the songwriter thought "sex of the beach" was phrased "cake by the ocean." However because it wasn't, they just went with to start a new trend.

I love the riff-off from the first Pitch Perfect - the "songs about sex" category. I can't relate to it much... I don't even like singing the word "sex" aloud, but that scene is so, so good.

35 minutes ago, Lucas Monteiro said:

So, I was listening to the song "Cake By The Ocean" by DNCE, and I like the song because it has a good vibe and a beat of funky style. But the song it's mainly about doing sex on the beach or just thinking in doing it, if someone doesn't know, cake on pop songs are an euphemism for sex.

What??? O.o  Another innocent sounding phrase lost to the innuendo pool....

I do actually quite like a lot of sexual songs, possibly because I can't relate to it so it's interesting to hear about.

binary suns

It depends on the person. Some aces are comfortable with or even enjoy sexual topics, humors, or themes - just, they feel little to no sexuality in their attractions, and have no intrinsic desire for partnered sex. 

be careful not to believe that sex isn't good for anyone, sex-negative mindsets will stress you out and are arrogant attitudes towards those who have and want sex. Nothing wrong with anyone as an individual wanting to have sex-free content for them to enjoy, and I personally do as well :) but I understand and accept that there are others who that content has intrinsic value for, and are healthy for their sake. 

"Cake By The Ocean" is about sex? O___O I had no idea.

Most of the time, I either don't pay attention to the lyrics or I listen to them ironically. "Get Low" and "Apple Bottom Jeans" play a lot on the radio while I'm working, and it's funny to dance to them knowing that I can't relate to them at all.

Macarena is always a good for a party but it is about a woman cheating her boyfrie d with 2 of his best friends!

Not 100% contradictory as aces can have and enjoy sex but " I just had sex" by Lonley Island is just too catchy not to sing.

Finally "The Bad Touch" by the Bloodbound Gang is a good sing to dance to while very drunk.

bkrdragon94

As disgusting as the lyrics are, I really love the rhythm of "Despacito" (the Fonsi version. I'm not too fond of the one with Justin Bieber). I think it helps that I'm not fluent in Spanish, so while I understand the overall meaning of the lyrics, I can just ignore them for the most part.

I think we should all take "Cake by the Ocean" literally and appropriate it as an ace pride song. I mean, it's catchy and it's about cake! What's more ace than that? :P

Lucas Monteiro
1 hour ago, float on said:

It depends on the person. Some aces are comfortable with or even enjoy sexual topics, humors, or themes - just, they feel little to no sexuality in their attractions, and have no intrinsic desire for partnered sex. 

be careful not to believe that sex isn't good for anyone, sex-negative mindsets will stress you out and are arrogant attitudes towards those who have and want sex. Nothing wrong with anyone as an individual wanting to have sex-free content for them to enjoy, and I personally do as well :) but I understand and accept that there are others who that content has intrinsic value for, and are healthy for their sake. 

I know, I would never be arrogant towards people who have or want sex. People can want and desire as much sex as they want, as long as they don't push to me saying that it's good for me or something similar. Don't mistake, I never said sex it's good or bad for others, my own intention with this post it's to know if other asexual people like songs even when they have sexual content. And I know that asexuals can enjoy sex (but if you enter in the discussion about asexuals desiring sex, then I would say in my opinion that this person isn't asexual, but okay). Not talking specific about sex-positive asexuals, as they wouldn't probably care or even sex-neutral. Just pure interest, really.

InfiniteNull

lol! I had no idea that song was about that.. I thought maybe it was about being attracted to someone while on some sort of vacation or something lol... x.x 

I don't mind sexual songs at all... sex doesn't gross me out or anything... I even think it's a fun topic to talk about as long as I don't have to keep explaining why I am not interested in doing it. 

I re-listened to the song... are you sure it's about that? I can see how it might be but I am not sure.

bkrdragon94
4 minutes ago, InfiniteNull said:

lol! I had no idea that song was about that.. I thought maybe it was about being attracted to someone while on some sort of vacation or something lol... x.x 

I don't mind sexual songs at all... sex doesn't gross me out or anything... I even think it's a fun topic to talk about as long as I don't have to keep explaining why I am not interested in doing it. 

I re-listened to the song... are you sure it's about that? I can see how it might be but I am not sure.

It is. Apparently it was language barrier issue.

InfiniteNull

LMAO! omg... I was so tricked!

I totally have to ask my allosexual friends if they know what the song is "really" about now... you know.. for science!

Sweet Potato

Body like a Backroad by Sam Hunt. though I also like the parody version, Party in a Bathrobe by Lady Antebellum

53 minutes ago, bkrdragon94 said:

I think we should all take "Cake by the Ocean" literally and appropriate it as an ace pride song. I mean, it's catchy and it's about cake! What's more ace than that?

Yes! definitely!

Ocean side Ace festival! with Cake!

bkrdragon94
25 minutes ago, Sweet Potato said:

Yes! definitely!

Ocean side Ace festival! with Cake!

Ooh yes please!

AncientAmateur

I really like listening to Prince, & I'd say majority of his songs are sexual & for some of them you can get that from the song title (Gett off, Sexy MF, Head.... I'm sure you get the picture)

On 14/03/2018 at 3:01 PM, Scott1989 said:

Macarena is always a good for a party but it is about a woman cheating her boyfrie d with 2 of his best friends!

O.O I haven't been this surprised since I looked up the lyrics for "Who let the dogs out", apparently not about actual dogs...

4 hours ago, Zsareph said:

O.O I haven't been this surprised since I looked up the lyrics for "Who let the dogs out", apparently not about actual dogs...

What?! Since when? I always thought it was just about dogs! I don't want to, but I'm curious and about to look up the lyrics too

Yeah, I still don't see it. I read it and I'm very confused to the actual meaning of the song.

SallyBlackwater

"Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran. It's very clearly about feeling sexual attraction towards someone, and yet I LOVE it. Like, it's in my current top ten of favourite songs.

I actually like lyrics about sex, if they are well written. Moonspell's "An Erotic Alchemy" or some Cradle Of Filth songs are good examples.

On the other hand, the lyrics of Dark Funeral's "Atrum Regina" have always made me laugh. I still like the song though.

Archived