Reaching out to the community

Asterias

Hello AVEN! 

Five years ago I found a comic on 9gag that explained some myths regarding asexuality. Almost immediately, I thought "there are other that feel like I do? Great!". At first I thought I was a bit young to have my sexuality defined, but the longer I thought about it, the more right it felt. Since then I have been open about being ace whenever someone has asked. 

Problem is, I am definitely not aromantic. Because of this I have had a hard time figuring out exactly if and what I would want out of a relationship. When my friends have tried to understand what and how I feel, I have only been able to answer with an "I don't know". I have never been very socially active or had a lot of friends, which meant that when someone expressed interest I had no clue what to do. 

I have always wanted to meet other aces and have someone to talk to about things that sexual people can never fully understand. So here I finally am, after a couple of years or so ;)

Welcome!  You're in the right place.  I understand your problems with relationships.  I just started questioning my sexuality and before that I was terrible with relationships.  Now that I understand my sexuality better I'm left questioning my romantic orientation as well.  I'm also bad with social stuff in general, so that doesn't make things easier!  Hope this forum helps you.

Platonic Underdog

Welcome, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰 and feel free to ask questions and have a chat. I actually joined to chat to ace people too. I hope you enjoy your time here on Aven 😊

Hello! You are not alone! I am a panromantic asexual, so I understand how hard it can be to explain to people that the desire for love and the desire for sex are not the same thing. There are actually some great posts here with suggestions on how to word things so that discussing asexuality with allosexuals go more smoothly. I recommend looking for some of the more fun posts in he asexual forums. There are some great ones about things that seem really odd to people who don't experience sexual attraction. You can also bond with people about asexual head cannons and there is one for asexual jokes as well. Finally, you might want to pull some clips from Bojack Horseman. Todd from that show is ace and discuses the experience with a support group in multiple episodes. They also discuss what it's like to be Ace, but have a romantic orientation. There is even a married couple in the group. 

I hope you find what your looking for and welcome to AVEN!

Welcome! If you’re interested in online discussions then here is your place. If you want to meet some people in real life and have face to face chats check out the Meetup Mart :) 

c3.jpg

Hello, new AVEN friend and Welcome to the community! I can totally relate to the whole not knowing what to do thing. It took my friends three days to see how long it would take me to realize the guy that sat next to me in class was flirting with me before my friends finally told me since I had no clue. Anywho, glad to have you here! Have some cake!

Image result for cake

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived