Why so many scary songs?

Falcon7

I've been dealing with bunch of upcoming deadlines past few weeks and still now, too.  I was away from the Internet apart from work, but...I just jamped back to Aven as I'm terrified by the songs I was listening to during my work! (when I was aroking hard, lyrics doesn't bother. But uring a break...omg)

Like chill step, dub step kind... the rythm is cool, singer is cool, artwork is damn so nice but... why this lyrics always 'wanting body' or stuff like that!? 

One of the songs particulrly freaked me out and felt like it is a nightmare...

Can anybody relate? I'm so tired and feeling terrible...

I tend to keep a playlist set aside for when I'm tired of hearing music like that.  Stuff that I could actually sing along to in my head and not feel so awful listening to the lyrics

Most of the Dubstep I listen to has no lyrics.. I mainly listen to Electronic music.. Like Dubstep, Chillstep, Psybient, Ambient, PsyTrance, and Future Pop.. I haven't heard many sexual songs from these genres.

8 hours ago, Tirisilex said:

Most of the Dubstep I listen to has no lyrics.. I mainly listen to Electronic music.. Like Dubstep, Chillstep, Psybient, Ambient, PsyTrance, and Future Pop.. I haven't heard many sexual songs from these genres.

Could you recommend a playlist? Automatic YouTube 'chill' mix really sucks sometime...

On Pandora.. Make a channel from Kalya Scintilla.  It has great Dubstep / Chillstep songs

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

@Falcon7, lots of music is completely welded to sex, drugs, guns, fast cars etc as far as I can see. I don't listen to those or hip hop/rap because they celebrate everything tawdry in life, you're quite right to be repulsed! 

Not conducive to efficient study , try softer styles:D.

For relaxation or study, I recommend indie artists with (relatively) peaceful lyrics and nice acoustics.  Some of my favorites right now: August and After (folk), Tow'rs (folk), Emancipator (falls under ambient/electronica.  Check out his older albums).  Kina Grannis has a lot of relaxing songs as well.

If you're open to classical, the sky's the limit... Debussy's Arabesque, Chopin nocturnes are all great piano music.  There's some good crossover albums by Yo-Yo Ma.  My favorite contemporary classical artists are Yiruma and Ludovico Einaudi.

On 14/03/2018 at 4:13 AM, Tirisilex said:

On Pandora.. Make a channel from Kalya Scintilla.  It has great Dubstep / Chillstep songs

Thanks! Tried on YouTube. Kalya Scintilla is really cool and helpful.

On 15/03/2018 at 10:15 AM, chandrakirti said:

@Falcon7, lots of music is completely welded to sex, drugs, guns, fast cars etc as far as I can see. I don't listen to those or hip hop/rap because they celebrate everything tawdry in life, you're quite right to be repulsed! 

Not conducive to efficient study , try softer styles:D.

Yes exactly! Glad to know that I'm not alone : )

5 hours ago, Euna said:

For relaxation or study, I recommend indie artists with (relatively) peaceful lyrics and nice acoustics.  Some of my favorites right now: August and After (folk), Tow'rs (folk), Emancipator (falls under ambient/electronica.  Check out his older albums).  Kina Grannis has a lot of relaxing songs as well.

If you're open to classical, the sky's the limit... Debussy's Arabesque, Chopin nocturnes are all great piano music.  There's some good crossover albums by Yo-Yo Ma.  My favorite contemporary classical artists are Yiruma and Ludovico Einaudi.

Thanks for the list. I like folk music and classical music, too (and yes, Yo-Yo Ma!). The thing is that those music are so nice& relaxing that I tend to fall asleep :P Emancipator works very well. 

Archived