forty year old new guy...

johnnybluecollar

johnnybluecollar

Good morning everyone. I've recently discovered that asexuality resonates with me and have been reading, reading, and reading. A few nights ago I guess I "came out" to my partner and mother of my child. I guess you might ask "How are you fathering children if you're asexual?" I asked myself that as well. We haven't been physically intimate for almost a year and, as with all of my past relationships, the lack of sex has put a great deal of stress on our relationship. At least on her part. I am completely comfortable without sex. it feels good to say it. Being able to accept that it's not something wrong with me. So now I've begun sorting through what has been conditioned behavior and what is really me. Life feels a little less heavy. Thank you, AVEN. I'm excited to explore and talk with all of you.

Welcome to AVEN! ^_^  :cake: 

1 hour ago, johnnybluecollar said:

I guess you might ask "How are you fathering children if you're asexual?"

If it's any help, this didn't spring to my mind. Asexuality covers a wide range of personal experience and life stories, you'll certainly find others here who can say the same :) 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! It doesn’t matter what experiences you may or may not have had, what matters is hat you’re here now, and we’ll support you no matter what :) 

c3.jpg

On 3/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, johnnybluecollar said:

So now I've begun sorting through what has been conditioned behavior and what is really me.

@johnnybluecollar I know this feeling right about now. I’m 33, divorced once, remarried, and Mom to 2 kids. 

I just recently understood what asexuality meant when I went looking for a diagnosis for what was wrong with me. It’s a lot to work out at this age when we should be just adulting. 

Archived