Personally, I cringe at implicit sex references more than explicit ones

rainbowteacake

rainbowteacake

If someone (especially an older person or family sorrynotsorry) says something like “I could do with some fun ;)) or “I wouldn’t mind him showing me a good time ;)))) or something like that kinda like a small child my reaction is like “ewww that’s gross” but if someone says something like “I like to eat ass” I find it more amusing than cringey lol 

Yeah, I tend to laugh at the more outrageous stuff versus the jokes that try (often poorly) to be more subtle. It’s like I can see the more explicit statements as being more dumb and joke-y and stuff, but the more implied stuff makes it seem like the person saying it is being partly serious about wanting some action which kinda makes me want to slowly shuffle away :ph34r:.

Ms. Carolynne

I find the more explicit stuff is intentionally crass, and comes off as farce. It just can't be taken seriously.

The "subtle" stuff implies a thinly veiled intention. They're pretty much creeping.

Fantastic Name
On 3/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, Wish Bear 🌠 said:

I think people say things like that implicitly when they are trying to hide how creepy their feelings are.

But them trying to hide their creepy feelings like that only makes them come across as more creepy.

rainbowteacake

@Telecaster68 as an asexual to me personally, I feel like it kinda is. To me, witnessing people’s hunger for sex to me feels really kind of primal (well I suppose it is but you know what I mean) and to me makes people seem really animal like, like a pack of lions drooling over a zebra in overwhelming hunger (hunger representing lust). Little comments like the ones in my original post to me show off glimpses of that wild animal like behaviour and when there’s people like my friends, even parents making them, yes it feels a little creepy. Also, not to seem like I’m flattering myself but when that “hunger” is directed towards me, it’s not something I really appreciate

Telecaster68

I understand it's not comfortable for you personally, but you're on the edge of implying sexuals are creepy. 

rainbowteacake

I’m not saying that sexuals are creepy, I’m just saying lust itself is a bit creepy not the people themselves who experience it

Telecaster68

Some of the other posts are getting pretty close to the mark. 

For me, it's not that it sounds creepy (although there are some ''jokes'' that make me question people's idea of consent), but more that it feels way too much like an ''am I right, guys ?'' joke that depends on the assumption that literally anyone can relate to them, and feeling alienated is kinda bad.

On the other hand, I really like to talk about stuff related to sex with people that talk about it naturally (maybe due to how desensitized I am in comparisson to someone that is interested in it, I guess) , and it's way easier to relate to the idea of liking something or feeling pleasure in a general way, than to finding specific organs / body parts ''hot''.

It's not the sex scenes implicit or explicit that I find irritating. Sometimes they're part of the plot, or the cliché (lead male  always gets to bed with the lead female (think most James Bond)). It's when a plot breaks for a "bedroom scene" just for either cheap screen filling or because the writers / producers almost think it's compulsory to have one. 

Archived