Not transgender, but would rather have been born a guy?

lunam stillare iussi

lunam stillare iussi

It's not that I'm transgender, I'm perfectly comfortable with my gender right now and all.

Its just that I would of rather been born male? I'd rather have a male body than female. I don't "hate" my body exactly, it's more of just a dislike? I'd rather a flatter chest, broader shoulders and stuff? I'd just rather a male body. Having one would also have its perks like not having monthly cramps, or needing a bra and other things. 

I feel like I haven't said much but this has been a question I've been asking myself for quite some time now, going online hasn't been much help, only a few people I've been able to find have asked the same sort of question but it hasn't helped me really find an answer? It may be nothing at all but having an answer even if it's nothing would be great. 

Janus the Fox

Possibly little to fret about as you say.  There's always a wide spectrum of gender difference even within one gender or the other, most wouldn't be perfectly satisfied with all genderised things.  Some take the steps to appear less feminine or masculine despite being cis, like breast reductions/enlargements or alter their own styles to suit themselves, to me this is a totally normal cis genderisms.

The "wanting to be born differently" can often be a different separate issue.  I can only go by my own experiences.  The answer to the question differs all the time, being grateful to be born the way I am, or being born differently, either gender, birth defects, born with disabilities... I can't worry for something that was no control over.

I am a non-gendered fem and male bodied though.

EmotionalAndroid
1 hour ago, lunam stillare iussi said:

Its just that I would of rather been born male? I'd rather have a male body than female. I don't "hate" my body exactly, it's more of just a dislike? I'd rather a flatter chest, broader shoulders and stuff? I'd just rather a male body. Having one would also have its perks like not having monthly cramps, or needing a bra and other things. 

Wow, this is exactly how I feel! Besides being less of a hassle with physical things, I also wish I were born male to be treated with more respect and to not have to be as afraid of things, such as for threats that aren't really as significant for males like walking down the street at night, traveling alone, etc.

This might be one of those "the grass is always greener" type of things, too. I've never been male, so maybe it's annoying in ways as well. I can't really think of many, but there probably are some.

I mean, I am ok with how my body is now. I know I was made this way for a reason (though I am not sure what that reason is, to be honest, because I AM ace), but hey, I can dream can't I? Thank goodness for video games where we can be who we want to be. :)

Sorry if I missed it but.. you say you'd like help finding an answer, but what is the question? 

If you don't think of yourself as trans (not necessarily FTM, but on any point of the spectrum) and you don't feel uncomfortable enough in a female body and social space to want to change anything, then to me it seems you're cis? I can't just tell you if you're cis or trans though of course. Having said that, there was a time when I thought I was just a "weird girl" who would have just rather have a male body, but there are also a lot of cis women who do just want a less female/more male body for the samr reasons you mentioned.

So I guess just keep asking yourself what you want and why you want that. Do you just want a male body because you see it as more convenient or because the body you have makes you mentally uncomfortable? If you had a male body, would you want people to still refer to you as a woman and see you as a woman, keep a female name and female pronouns? If you had a male body and people saw you and treated you as a guy, how would that make you feel? Think about things like that. 

Like I said, judging by your title and post I'm not sure what you're asking.. But if you don't identify as trans, and you're comfortable with your gender, then that would make you cis even if you would've liked a different body. Of course though, you're free to explore all of this if that's something that you think would help and the kinds of questions I mentioned were some that really helped me in figuring myself out.

Well, that's okay and that sounds reaosnable, everyone hates periods and stuff like that for obvious reasons. Assuming that your question is "what am I?" even though you didn't state it explicitly, the anwser is... perfectly normal. And practical. There isn't a name for it, but it's understandable. It's possible you're agender/androgynous in addition to that, because the idea of being male doesn't feel wrong to you, as being female doesn't. 

binary suns

There are a lot more differences between male and female bodies than just menstration 

a good number of people are cisgenderless, where their gender identity only exist to describe their body. They would’ve been cis female if born female, just as they would’ve been cis male if born male. To them, gender is exactly sex - simply because they got nothing else to attribute to gender. 

It can be said that it isn’t unusual for a person to envy others, including thoughts that it would be nice in a different body. I don’t know how often that is in cis people nor how they react to it.... but it’s your call whether you want to explore those thoughts or not. 

There are not just transgender people. There are cross dressers, curious people, and there are people with gender explorative kinks. (Not a conclusive list)

Whether or not you wish to transition is your call. Whether or not you wish to cross dress is your call. 

And it’s important for anyone to understand that masculinity and femininity are just personality. Everyone’s at least a little of both. Men aren’t unemotional and women can be sexually loose. Many gender traits are more like “5% more men are [this way]” or “women tend to be a little more [that way] than men tend to be”

For example more women are into following fashion than men are. But there are certainly fashion loving men too!

so - uh - wait - did I answer your question? I don't think I did, sorry. I just gave general info that can be helpful. *reads questions again* 

On 3/9/2018 at 6:13 PM, lunam stillare iussi said:

It's not that I'm transgender, I'm perfectly comfortable with my gender right now and all.

Its just that I would of rather been born male?

It may be nothing at all but having an answer even if it's nothing would be great. 

it ain't nothing if it's you're experience ;) but if you feel you aren't transgender, and you're comfortable with your gender as it is now. ... is there something that's driving you to doubt your gender? 

and like.. there's nonbinary identities... I guess it's a little hard to parse exactly what you are asking from the opening post. I don't mean to be dismissing who you are by the way. I am sorry that I don't really have some kinda key insight for you heh- it's not exactly a precise measurable science xD 

If you feel like masculine gender is an important part of your identity, and so is your experience as a woman as you are now, then maybe look into non-binary identities. If you're looking for someone to tell you you are trans - or not trans - you're that person, no one else. other people only known what you present to them. we can give you info we've learned or our own stories though :)

Archived