It's me, your friendly neighbourhood ace spiderman.

flipper

Well, hello. Look at me after months or reading this web over and over again, finally signing up.

I'm 22 years old, female and just recently discovered I'm freaking ace (and not gonna lie, I'm delighted with it). For a long time, I thought there was something wrong with me, I didn't enjoy nor want sex and I just ended up doing it out of habit with my partners. But it was boring, like my mind literally was everywhere else instead than in the bed (you would be surprised about the kind of thoughts I've had during sex, from did I remember to pack my phone charger? to Damn, but this character from that show X... I wonder what's going to happen).

I knew (partly) what asexual means, but I never thought it would apply to me because, sure I fantasize (ven thought I never include myself in those nor want them to actually happen), I can feel arousement on my own, I even masturbate, how am I going to be asexual or ace-spectrum? Well, thank you, AVEN, and a wonderful book for opening my eyes and allow me to discover myself.

I still have A LOT of doubts and questions so I figured that, instead of waiting for someone else to come up with the same question and post it here, the best option was to ask them myself.

That's it! Thank you if you're still reading and I hope I can understand people and myself better after this <3.

Welcome  :cake:

I know what you mean about being delighted!  I always thought my issues with sex were due to my anxiety disorder, but after exploring asexuality I'm pretty sure that that's just the way I am and it's not something I need to fix.  I have a lot to fix, but that's one thing off my place so I too was rather delighted.

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Welcome! We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have :) 

birthday_cake_for_friends_wallpaper-othe

Archived