I'm cis, but I hate being called a woman

TheMaria

@Tercy I don't think it's necessarily a matter of things that "aren't there" or that are incorrect, it's just a matter of narratives and perception, in a post-truth kind of way. But that's why in such a context we have CBT, whose goal is to change these personal perceptions so that they are conducive to our happiness, rather than cause angst. So you're right in the sense that this narrative of mine isn't my only option.

binary suns

It just isn't a patriarchy. That's propeganda and you will face hostility if you cling to that belief. 

There is social need for change. American is not a patriarchy. The presence of men in power is not due to oppression nor lineage; it is due to... stepping stones. growth. precedence. 

If you spend your whole life trying to be an artist and then find when you're 20 that the field of art is underappreciated, you don't claim music is systematically oppressing art leading you to be a weak musician. The reason you are a weak musician is because your competition practiced for 20 years more than you. The reason there is inequality is because what you grew up valuing was not valued socially. Neither of these is oppression; it is just growth on the one hand, and paradigm on the other. 

With social roles in our current society, our growth of 150+ years greatly empowers the strength of industries and fields that men flourish in due to behavioral differences genes and hormones and social learning has on their strengths and preferences. meanwhile during most of those years, the comparable paradigm and growth for women have not been economically established in the same way; While there has been movement in the past already to establish women's and poc and lgbtq+ economic strength in culture, it is 100 years behind the snowball for men, white's, and hetero's.  This means that our strength now is comparable probably to about 850-70 years prior for men; because the women's cultural paradigm was able to be spurred on by the successful men's paradigm in economics. so we are catching up fast. 

But it just is not systematic oppression that there is economic and social inequality. it is simply a matter of comparative strength. While sports is much more competitive than social-economic paradigm, it is a simple metaphor; a NBA player will 100% of the time beat the college athlete. Their skill difference is so different that it just isn't a fair game. This is a similar reason as to why women are disadvantaged socially, economically, and politically.

I am sorry if I am not able to really explain this well.  I understand things in a way that is not conducive to discourse, and what works for me to understand what is needed, does not work to be effectively communicated. It takes me significant time to find the words and the research needed to explain what I am cognizant of. 

I wrote this three times and don't even feel this one is well-written. 

Archived