I feel like hiding that I'm Hetero

DancesWithElves

DancesWithElves

Am I a Hetero-asexual or something else?

I feel like hiding that I'm Hetero. I recently posted something about the jealousy problems I'm getting. Everyone hates me over the guys I attract. It seems like things would be more chill if I was into girls so girls AND boys would leave me alone. Does this make any sense? 

Can this really happen? What if I need to say I like girls for protection reasons? Ugh, I'm so over it! 

What do I do? Please help.

What? I don't really get what you want.

Maybe you attract bad guys? I don't know?  I don't see how you being into girls would have girls and boys leave you alone? People will always have crap to say, especially if you have nosy people around.

The only time I feel like saying you are into girls really works for anything is maybe if a guy won't stop hitting on you, but some will just take that as a challenge or turn it into a barrage of questions, and it's usually just easier to pretend you have a boyfriend. Saying I like girls is about as easy as saying , oh I don't date. I've had people respect me saying I don't date, and others hit me with a dozen million questions as if I need to justify it to them. 

21 hours ago, DancesWithElves said:

It seems like things would be more chill if I was into girls so girls AND boys would leave me alone. Does this make any sense?

No, it doesn't really make sense. You would still attract guys, except that some of them would additionally fantasize about turning you straight. And additionally, you'd attract lesbian and bi-curious girls, so guys and lesbian girls would also get jealous about you. Just the more trouble.

I didn't read your recent post, but keep this in mind: jealousy is an indication of somebody else's insecurities. You can't fix it by not giving them a reason to be jealous, because the reason is within them. At best, you can show them that you're a good person and that you appreciate them. Getting to know you better and seeing you for what you truly are might give them enough self-esteem to not be (seriously) jealous about you anymore.

Archived