Excited to talk to someone like me!!

HanBanana

Hello all!

I'm from Chicago and I'm very happy to be here! I study Bilingual Education, Theatre and Spanish and I'm really looking forward to my future in these fields! I am so happy to have discovered this forum and I can't wait to get more involved in the community! 

Here's a bit of my story :)

I have always known that there was something different about my sexual feelings towards others but I could never quite put my finger on it. I had always attributed it to the fact that I'm a "late bloomer" to pretty much everything so I figured that that had to be part of what I was feeling, or rather, not feeling. My first (and so far, only) relationship was a cute and sweet one, very positively viewed by everyone around me. However it personally gave me a lot of anxiety. I was always nervous to see my boyfriend and worried what would happen if I stuck around him for too long. I knew these feelings weren't "normal" but I kept attributing them to other things and never really addressing them. About a year later when sharing some of my feelings, my friend arbitrarily labeled me as ace and I immediately rejected the title. At that time I knew very little about asexuality and revoked it quickly out of fear. However, her accusation lead to a lot of personal discovery lasting quite a few months. After getting plenty lost on the internet, I was able to confidently say that I personally identify most with demisexuality. When I first heard the definition of the word I cried! It perfectly defined what I was feeling and I was so grateful to have discovered it because I finally didn't feel so alone. I've lived with that label for almost a year and I'm still discovering what it means to me and how I feel about it, however I feel my exploration is quite limited without interaction with others! I am really looking forward to exploring this world and learning more about myself and the community! I'm most excited to get to know others with similar feelings and I can't wait to get started! 

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

AmaralRainbows

Hi! Welcome, i've only been here for a day so i am a newbie like you, but i think i can still say welcome! In just one day i posted my story and only got one reply but it was a reply that was really good to read, i felt realived that someone is not putting me down or not understanding and thinking to themselves, this girl is crazy. I would love to talk with you a bit more cause i do undertsand the feelings you wrote about and even with some differences, i do relate to them, so if you wanna talk anytime, send a message! And i loveyour positivity about finding out who you are, the fact that you are able to have found out what and who you are and keep owning it and discovering it, i love that!

So much love for you honey!

Aww thanks so much for your kind words and your very warm welcome! Thanks for what you said about my positivity, that rings very true! I'd love to talk more!

Welcome! You’re not alone! You’re here now, and we’ll support you no matter what :D 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

AmaralRainbows
1 hour ago, HanBanana said:

Aww thanks so much for your kind words and your very warm welcome! Thanks for what you said about my positivity, that rings very true! I'd love to talk more!

Of course! Anytime you need or want, i'm here to talk!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Thank you!! Are there a lot of demisexuals on this website? I don't feel like I totally 100% fit the ace label (or any label perfectly haha), but I'm just making sure I won't feel totally out of place haha! 

AmaralRainbows
2 hours ago, HanBanana said:

Thank you!! Are there a lot of demisexuals on this website? I don't feel like I totally 100% fit the ace label (or any label perfectly haha), but I'm just making sure I won't feel totally out of place haha! 

I think that whatever you are and even if you feel like you're between labels, this is a good place for you to express what you feel and anything you need cause there will always be people who understand!

Sounds wonderful! Thanks!!!!

On 3/7/2018 at 4:46 PM, HanBanana said:

My first (and so far, only) relationship was a cute and sweet one, very positively viewed by everyone around me. However it personally gave me a lot of anxiety. I was always nervous to see my boyfriend and worried what would happen if I stuck around him for too long. I knew these feelings weren't "normal" but I kept attributing them to other things and never really addressing them.

This is way too relatable for me right now.

Welcome to AVEN! :) :cake::cake::cake:

1 hour ago, tgif said:

This is way too relatable for me right now.

Welcome to AVEN! :) :cake::cake::cake:

It's a struggle! Best of luck to you! And thanks for the welcome!

Archived