Lord Jade Cross

3 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Traveling to other continents, is out of the question. 

Your life, your issues are the only thing you are surrounded by. Hard to think outside the box when you're entrenched within its limits.

Sometimes a change of environment is all that is needed to renew passion or engagement in life.

Doesn't mean an overseas trip, either.

Only point being made.

22 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Actually, its quite the opposite. Our brittle and short life span severely limits us in what we could learn. As much as infinite time spent on the library would be appealing, its mortally impossible.

You misunderstand. With our respective lifespans, the information we could learn and accumulate is technically infinite due to our lifespans themselves. What I mean to say is, in your life, there will always be something new to learn or see or do because you will never live long enough to know it all or see it all. It is finite and infinite at the same time.

5 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

it starts sinking in that there isnt anything special.

Different jobs, different towns but identical mentality so no real change other than the job and street names. You haven't really changed your outlook, which is the key to your attitude and how you perceive things.

If you think the world is shit, you could go to Morocco, and it won't change a thing about anything. You could see a beautiful beach in Thailand, and it will just be hot weather, and salt water. When I was dealing with depression as  youth, you could tell me things improve over time, but I was so stuck in my bubble that no matter what anyone said, the only thing that existed were my problems. The three to four cities I had traveled to, the two countries I had been to had become my vision of the entire planet.

Me traveling was irrelevant. There was a shift in my attitude. Me traveling sparked it, but there was a genuine attempt at changing my mentality and attitude in life. I literally stopped looking at how fucked up the world was. I looked into how poisonous my attitude and how I looked at it, was. I was sick of my situation, and being miserable.

I realized that a positive attitude, and changing my overall aura completely changed everything about my life.

Hard headed people never learn. You're looking for wisdom, so tells me you're willing to change. However, until you seek that change, things will always be the same.

2 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

The world is shit.

It is, but it doesn't mean your perception of it has to match your world's state.

I guess I am deluded, because I can see the positive changes I can bring to other people's lives.

See the state of things, and feel I can be the change I seek in this world.

In a pile of garbage at a poorly sanitised landfill in a third world country, will see the state, but will also notice the kids laughing and appreciating having an opportunity to put food on their tables. Any food. Their situation is shit. However, not lost on me is their resilience in the midst of literally having zero chance of making it out.

See most people coldly walking past homeless people, and can make eye contact whether I have something to offer them or not and tell them to take care, or the like. Offer them a meal if no change is available.

I grew up in city slums. Few get out. Many become statistics. However, I appreciated the opportunities I had to get out. It took an attitude change and a major one. I was surrounded by shit, failure and seeing human beings at their lowest points.

Everyone it seemed, were stealing or in some way fucking up in life. Am I supposed to accept that I might as well fuck up too, because that is what this environment dictates?

That's ridiculous.

If you say that a change in enviroment is all that it takes sometime and that even in your own case, that very shift in enviroment sparked the chance, even said that being stuck in an enviroment will cause a person to be unable to see beyond it; and then turn and say that its all about attitude, you have as much credibility as a salesman who will try and throw all matter of ideas until one sticks so he can make the sale (been there, have had to do it myself) "This item will make your life better, ask anyone"/"its a real cheal price"/"buy it now becuase today is a once in a lifetime sale"/etc. Then a month or so later, slightly different variation of the same item comes out and you once again have to have that sales pitch.

You also said that seniors are easier to get along with because they understand the truth of life and arent hung up on minor thing. Try asking a friend or any that works in pharmacies what happens when you tell them "your medicine isnt covered" see if they will take it lightly. And if you happen to be the one to tell them, well best put your safety helmet on and duck and cover. Or if youre the one taking orders over the phone, just sit tight and prepare for waves after waves of insults as you are held responsible for something you have no control of. Even if you try your hardest to help them and attempt to move mountains just so that the senior has their pill, (which they probably stack up at home and have no real need of that next refill) youre still going to be treated like shit, good, honest intentions and all.

The world is shit. If it wasnt, nobody would spend time looking for help. You can try to block the sun with your hand and even delude yourself into thinking that you did, but the sun will still be there and it will give you a good burn if you stay still too long.

Not usually my thing to jump into conversations uninvited, but I feel like pitching my two cents. In your first paragraph there, this isn't about a one way street. There isn't a singular method that works for every person. They all have something different, they need something different to alter perspective. For some, it is only a change of environment that's needed. And for others, it's a change of attitude. Different problems, different solutions.

For your second paragraph, this is anecdotal evidence from one perspective. What if I told you from my perspective that I've never had that problem before? That I've not encountered anybody who's had that problem with seniors before? Again, there isn't a mold that fits everybody.

Funny thing about the sun. If you move to a different climate that's slightly more hospitable, you get less sunburns or none at all. The train runs both ways here. There's positive and negative, not only one. If there were, we'd live in a frozen and stagnant universe. We wouldn't even exist more so.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

It means that I would try to do something that would let me die with a peaceful and calm mind at the end of the day, without any regret, hate or pain. I would try to do as much as possible. All the things reachable that I've always dreamed of doing since I can remember.

3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

So its turning a blid eye to reality.

Not really. You are either a part of the problem or part of the solution.

The people who invented mobility devices saw there was a problem to which they could lend assistance to. They could have written off all disabled people because it's the way it is. Instead, they provided most with the ability to lead highly functional lives.

You are not ignoring reality. You're just not allowing your circumstances to become an excuse.

3 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

This is the key phrase. Im glad youve had the opportunity but not everyone has the same luck

It's not just luck. You create your own luck with your attitude and understanding that "luck" in life is being prepared for opportunity 24/7.

To the tune to kicking in doors yourself, if none are present. I don't go to interviews hoping I get lucky and get a job. I go with a do or die attitude.

I will search full time. I don't know when to give up. However, will always adjust if things clearly aren't working and learn as I go.

Point being made, is some grow in life. Some just grow old.

I have worked with tons of people with 30 or so years worth of one year of experience. 30 years, yet only learned one way of doing things.

Life is beautiful but only if you can appreciate it's beauty. It's moments.

If you can't notice even those, I can't help you.

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Life is beautiful but only if you can appreciate it's beauty. It's moments.

Reminded me of the Confucius quote, "there is beauty in everything but not everyone can see it" :)

Has anyone made a "Livin' like Larry" joke, yet? Either way, I'd be disappointed... just for different reasons. 

Not going to spend time on a deeper and longer response, but fuck that shit. I so despise empty platitudes like these because it gives people something meaningless to tell those struggling while not putting any effort whatsoever in trying to truly understand the situation. 

Disgusting. 

30 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

So as I said, if luck is with you, thats great, I am not as fortunate.

I think you should just continue with your current path. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Jade Cross said:

Cant move so its pretty much having to deal with whats around me.

Only person saying that you can't move is you friendo. There are people who've crossed continents and even the entire planet on foot with no money to their name or vehicular aid. The word "can't" is always the wall in the way, and in 90% of cases the wall isn't built by anything or anybody else but you. 

Take it from me. Everybody else my age in my area has taken big vacations around the world either by plane or vehicle. I've yet to get out beyond more than two provinces in my country. I work 16 hours a day 7 days a week for below minimum wage earnings. And for 7 months of winter plus another 3 months of other seasons, my province tends to shit on you with garbage climate. I could move at any time I want. I choose to stay because I know there are worse places, always.

I've not found my grand calling in life yet. I still wake up every morning with the deepest contempt of the sunlight interrupting my only solidified time of peace and awakening me to the trials of every single day. The door is still there. Any time I want, I could abandon anything and everything and just walk the roads. But I stay here and make my moments, small as they are, piece by piece. And I appreciate them all the more when they arrive because I've done something within my ability to create them. I'm not worried about the rest of the baggage because all of it is my choice and my doing. And one day, for all I know I might decide to change things, because I can. There are no limits or barriers in your way but your own.

Should we throw in Y.O.L.O as well?

I think we should throw it out. :lol: 

I've not found my grand calling in life yet. I still wake up every morning with the deepest contempt of the sunlight interrupting my only solidified time of peace and awakening me to the trials of every single day. The door is still there. Any time I want, I could abandon anything and everything and just walk the roads. But I stay here and make my moments, small as they are, piece by piece. And I appreciate them all the more when they arrive because I've done something within my ability to create them. I'm not worried about the rest of the baggage because all of it is my choice and my doing. And one day, for all I know I might decide to change things, because I can. There are no limits or barriers in your way but your own.

Some people out there can't just go anywhere they want because they don't have the means to sustain themselves if they do.  So it's not really that they "can't" do it, but more like they will die (or have to eventually make a feeble return with their tail between their legs) if they try.

Please don't just disregard the less capable/fortunate out there just because some people have pulled it off.  We are not all built equal.

There are people who've crossed continents and even the entire planet on foot with no money to their name or vehicular aid.

I guarantee you nobody has done any such thing unless they were Jesus.

I think the issue is that people often misinterpret this phrase. It litterly says you should live by the day and make sure you enjoy each day to the fullest without worrying about what tommorow brings you because each day has it's own issues/worries.

At least, that's what i've been taught.

10 hours ago, Philip027 said:

Some people out there can't just go anywhere they want because they don't have the means to sustain themselves if they do.  So it's not really that they "can't" do it, but more like they will die (or have to eventually make a feeble return with their tail between their legs) if they try.

Please don't just disregard the less capable/fortunate out there just because some people have pulled it off.  We are not all built equal.

I guarantee you nobody has done any such thing unless they were Jesus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3227503/Now-s-walkabout-Meet-man-travelled-75-500km-world-FOOT-epic-11-year-odyssey-crossing-six-continents-using-54-pairs-shoes.html

And in regards to people who can't make the trip, again it all depends on perspective. Death doesn't bother me. If I lost everything, set out on the road and happened to die out there, I'm not worried since that was apparently my lot in life. I'd rather be dead standing on my feet than waiting for it to come after a long lived fruitless life.

I don't disregard those that can't do it because I believe they could do it. You start looking at people enough and you see that when they've their mind set on something, they make it happen against all probable odds that tell them that it can't be done. Luck is always a factor, but if a stray throw of the dice doesn't outright kill you, you always have another option. It takes effort, it takes time, and willpower, but people find a way.

10 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Youre right. And I think trying to adopt any new ideal is a limitation. Ive always survived through the worst of things holding onto what I believe in. Its always when I doubt myself and I think others are right that things fall apart. Everything is subjective and we could all argue till our deaths how one thing or another is or is not because it doesnt align with what we believe to be real.

Good, bad, nothing is true, and there is no ultimate truth to anything so everything is pretty much free reign. If you say one thing happens in your area, great. It happens there, not here. I survive in my enviroment, you survive in yours,  just as anyone else survives in theirs. We each have to make do with the hand that we're dealt. 

And that's fair. Everybody's got their own way of doing things. It's just handy to remember that usually we're the engineers of our prisons or pastures. As far as truth is concerned, dig far enough and it's there. But it's difficult to find since people tend to be biased, and usually harder to accept since truth doesn't much care for hurt feelings.

22 hours ago, StormySky said:

Reminded me of the Confucius quote, "there is beauty in everything but not everyone can see it"

Sadly so. Worked with a ton of people who were blind to it. Stuck in their misery, and changed their approach hundreds of times, but not their attitudes. All they saw was the pointlessness of everything. The banalities of life.

I see a co-worker like that and I either quit, or pressure boss to have them fired.

Negative mindstates are highly contagious.

Their negativity is like a workplace cancer that just sucks the life out of everyone. The sad part is everyone smiles in their faces and employers avoid conflict as they typically are highly narcissistic.

Archived