Cupioromantic

The Roomba Chicken

The Roomba Chicken

I'm very confused about the true meaning of this word...

My understanding of it is that it's an Aromantic person who wants romance, but doesn't that defeat the point of being Aromantic?

Apologies if I'm being ignorant!

19 minutes ago, Tobi-82 said:

Aromantic person who wants romance

I believe this is correct- an aromantic person who desires a romantic relationship/partner(s).

Aromantism, like asexuality, is the lack of romantic attraction. Someone who IDs ad Aro can still desire that type of relationship, even if they don't experience that type of attraction.

The Roomba Chicken
11 hours ago, OpenAce said:

I believe this is correct- an aromantic person who desires a romantic relationship/partner(s).

Aromantism, like asexuality, is the lack of romantic attraction. Someone who IDs ad Aro can still desire that type of relationship, even if they don't experience that type of attraction.

Aaa thank you!

May I ask, if you choose to ID with Cupioromantic, would you be able to call yourself Aro when referring to your romantic attraction?

Just if you prefer the word Aromantic instead of Cupioromantic !

4 minutes ago, Tobi-82 said:

May I ask, if you choose to ID with Cupioromantic, would you be able to call yourself Aro when referring to your romantic attraction?

Just if you prefer the word Aromantic instead of Cupioromantic !

I personally would, IDing yourself if just what you're comfortable with and what you feel fits you.

Whooooa this makes so much sense to me. I think I might be cupioromantic... but yeah I still like aromantic as a label better.

• 1 year later...
ShotoTodoroki

I am a Cupioromantic which means that I desire romantic love, but basically can only feel platonic and other forms of love... I don’t know if this applies to anyone else, but there is this one person at my school who comes around and gives surprise hugs... I love hugs, but I don’t like surprise hugs... I kinda feel like my space has been violated... for me, hugs are like kisses... I don’t know if this is something else completely... but outer than that, I do identify as Cupioromantic, which makes me sad at times... but... you can’t change you...

This thread has not been active for a long time and is now being locked. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

Laurann, 

Moderator for Gender Discussion and (A)Romantic Orientations

Archived