Hi everyone!

Phoenix09

Hi, I’m Phoenix and I just joined a few days ago.

Ummm.... what to say about me....

ok, here goes: I just turned 26 in December and have identified as genderfluid for a bit over a year(or roundabouts of that). For a long time I thought I was Pansexual or some other sexuality because I can honestly say that my romantic attraction knows no bounds. But with that being said, I never really thought about the sexual side to things. I figured, ehh, if I meet someone worth my time... but retrospect and all that Jazz. Also rather telling was a work conversation when I told someone “I don’t like being touched, especially if im not expecting it” and they were like, “then how do you have sex?” And I gave her a funny look and said, “I don’t” 

I’ve only been on one date in my life and that was right before I graduated high school. The girl was fairly nice and we had a good conversation, but then she started talking about her past “RELATIONS” and basically said if I made her wait more than a year I wasn’t worth her time. The whole thing was super uncomfortable, and further reflection I realize even when we were kissing(her idea) I wasn’t really into it. The whole thing was super uncomfortable. 

Anyway, after that I never really thought about relationships(although companionship would be nice). A while back(a few months or so) I was talking to my best friend and said something to him(which I don’t really remember anymore) and he said he wondered if I was asexual(once again I don’t remember the specifics). Anyway I thought about it, and did research, and doubted, and did more research and some soul-searching...and here I am, lol. 

I basically just want to make some new friends and have someone to talk to.

Hey Phoenix

Welcome to AVEN! Make yourself at home

You story of discovery is nothing out of the ordinary on this site. Although disliking sex may not be considered "normal" among the rest of society you definitely are not alone (:

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome and have some cake :cake: .

I get that for sexual people kissing is supposed to be amazing. But if I went and spat in the food of someone I loved or walked up and licked their cheek, they would think it was disgusting. I don't really see why kissing is any different! 

Welcome to a place where air kisses are a perfectly acceptable way of showing affection!

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived