Statements

quentin

Have you ever had a statement for any of these things?  

1. 1.

• Dyslexia
    • Physical disability (feel free to elaborate to the extent you wish)
    • High-functioning autism
    • Low-functioning autism
    • Cognitive disability not mentioned above (feel free to elaborate to the extent you wish)
    • Other not mentioned above (explain as you wish)
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Have you ever had a statement for any of these things? This is because I noticed in the loner poll 65% of people said mostly - so I'm interested in autism. People have called me "autistic" but I don't have a statement and don't want one. Also, I'm interested if Disability causes lack of social contact and if that in turn has an effect on sexuality.

Umm... in the UK (I don't know about US) to be officially recognised as having a form of disability you have to have a statement from a doctor. That, then, is the only way of getting a help in a job or school for that and any other priviledges associated.

JokeyFairbobbin

I'm extremely nearsighted, but I doubt that's enough to count as a disability. I see fine with glasses (yay, technology!).

I put phisical disability but by that I mean I'm very short-sighted and need glasses. :lol: hehe for interpretations!!

Yolly

I see dead people, have feeling and many other things (Im not kidding) , does that count? because to me that is a disability

• 2 years later...

I used to have some 'muscle' disability when I was under age of 3. Physically I'm still very weak but much stronger than when I was a child.

-Sorry for bringing up the poll :P-

silentdreamer

I was never diagnosed, but I did have mild dyslexia as a kid. Made it tough for me to learn anything and I always struggled in school. Too bad no one ever noticed. This I blame on being a premie :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
carried in bags

not the topic i thought it'sd be when i opened it, but yeah, i have been dignosed with dyslexia

baa*baa*grey*sheep

I have put "other" as I have a congenital heart defect and, when I was younger, was diagnosed with dyspraxia. I do struggle in social situations, but I don't feel this has made an impact on my sexuality. Only in the way that in the past I have found it hard to connect to people (which I still do), so maybe if I was more sociable I may have been in a relationship or two before, but maybe not. I have often wandered about this a few times before.

Anyway...

Mad Larkin

Dyslexia - altho i have never recieved a "statement" from a doctor but i was diagnosed by the National Dyslexia Institute here in the UK so i guess that counts

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This should have had check boxes for multiple answers, but I just voted HFA.

I also would say that I have major medical impairments which might be described as minor (at this stage) physical disabilities.

Archived