Hello from Utah

adamo

I have finally come to grips with my sexuality, and for years vascillated between gay and straight relationships. It wasn't until I found a therapist who actually listened to me, and informed me that I fall in neither category, and that I am actually asexual. It was like the light turned on. 

Now I am wondering just how many like me are out there; specifically in Utah or the western US.

Looking forward to getting to know others. Thanks for reading.

Adam

Welcome! The Mertup Mart is definitely the place to go if you want to meet aces in your local area. You can talk with people from your area, and arrange real life meetings with them, all from the comfort of your own home :) 

rich-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cake-85

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Ms. Carolynne

Welcome, I too am from Utah fwiw.

• 6 months later...
On 3/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, adamo said:

I have finally come to grips with my sexuality, and for years vascillated between gay and straight relationships. It wasn't until I found a therapist who actually listened to me, and informed me that I fall in neither category, and that I am actually asexual. It was like the light turned on. 

Now I am wondering just how many like me are out there; specifically in Utah or the western US.

Looking forward to getting to know others. Thanks for reading.

Adam

I have already met Adamo, great guy.  I wanted to post information for anyone else in the Utah/western Wyoming area.  I am the organizer of the Utah Asexuals meetup social group, based out of Salt Lake City.  I started the group, because I did not find any active organizations to help with my own coming out as asexual.  Like Adamo, I too never felt comfortable in either the straight or gay communities and now I am creating a community here in Utah.  If someone comes across this thread and you are interested in learning more, message me.  Here is a brief listing of our activities for this month.  A full listing of the activities can be found on the meetup page.

311wemh.jpg

Archived