Hi there!

LittleLottie

LittleLottie

Hello Everyone! 

I'm new here and just wanted to say hi! I'm very new to identifying as asexual, so I'm still coming to grips with it, but its nice to know I'm not alone.  I've always known I was a bit different but couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. In high school I wasn't really in the dating scene but I assumed that was because I was a bit of a nerd, so I only realized that sex was a big deal to a lot of people once I got to college. I had heard of asexuality about a year and a half ago and while I felt like it sounded a lot like my own feelings and experiences I was not sure because I hadn't had a romantic relationship. I felt like maybe once someone was romantically interested in me a magic switch would turn on and I would be "normal". But I had my first boyfriend about a year ago, and while I loved him very much, I never wanted to have sex with him. So yeah, I think I'm a heteroromantic asexual. 

Any-who, I'm excited to get to meet some people on here. Feel free to say hi :)

Platonic Underdog

Hiya @LittleLottie welcome to Aven. I just joined a day or so ago Nd everyone has been pretty supportive. Anyway, have some cake 🍰🍰🍰

@LittleLottie Welcome to AVEN and I hope that your time here will be as insightful as its been for me!

Hello LittleLottie. I'm new here too. :cake:

Welcome! Nobody is normal. Normal means average, and the average Swede has 1.99 legs. It’s impossible, so don’t force yourself to be something  you’re not. Be yourself instead! You’re incredibly open-minded, positive and friendly. Who wants to be normal when they could be you? 

Gluten+Free+Rainbow+Cake.jpg

Vicky Angel

Welcome :cake:

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived