I want to be a boy.

Mindaee

As the title states, I want to be a boy. I want to look like one and dress like one and find myself wishing I was born one. But then, despite this, I like my name and I like being called she, but I’ve not put much thought into being called he. I hate my body and I want to bind. But I also sometimes want to dress like a girl. I switch between wanting to be a boy and wanting to be a girl. It confuses me? It is possible to want to switch? Does it have a name?? 

NickyTannock

It sounds to me like you're Gender Fluid, which means you have a dynamic gender identity.

Galactic Turtle

Just to add another point of view:

I want to be a boy. I want to look like one. I do dress like one. I wish I was born one. I don't like my name. I'd like my name to be Nathan. I don't like or dislike being called "she," it's just something that is. Because despite all of this, despite how much I'd like to be a boy, I'm a girl. I wish I were a boy because of their strength, their position in society, the assurance I perceive they can go out into the world with, and the work I perceive they're more likely to be hired to do but I am a girl. There's no doubt in my mind about that because wishing I was something is different from me being perceived as something I'm not. I'm perceived as a girl, I am a girl, nevertheless I wish I were a boy. It has taken no small amount of effort on my part to not be disgusted by myself.

Lonemathsytoothbrushthief

Yay genderfluid ^_^ though it does suck when you struggle with your body :( I suggest you look around for tips for ftm/transmasculine people and focus on the smaller things you can do if you want to pass as a boy sometimes. I bind, have a sidecut and just some men's clothes but never feel like I'm perceived as masculine in any way, but I'm also gonna do a clothes swap with another trans friend soon so will have a coat to go with it hopefully. Maybe find some drag kings or something on youtube to see what they do in terms of makeup? These are all things I'm meaning to do xD but there's also the fact that I'm always a little reluctant  to actually pass as a man since I spend a lot of time feeling more between man/woman, agender or maybe a little closer to male but still non binary. It's confusing. :o

Archived