A confession

Flump222

I just feel I finally need to put this here. I've been doubting myself a lot lately, and I really don't feel confident in who I am any more. I'm a little distressed right now. So, this is what I need to say.

When I first started learning about asexuality, I found out about the label fraysexual and actually pretty closely identified with it. However, when I scrolled down, I found people saying that it wasn't really a real thing, or that it didn't belong under the asexual umbrella. I got scared by this, and I didn't want to identify at all with that label because I felt people would view my as "less ace", if they even considered me ace at all. I just don't know what to do, and I've avoided talking or posting about this because I'm afraid. I don't know what to do.

binary suns

w/e I consider fraysexual to be either ace or grey depending on the person. lol come to think of it, I bet there's allosexuals who'd be fine to appreciate that label too xD 

(obviously each takes the identity to have a different meaning by slight in consideration of their ace/grey/allo orientation)

If you look to yourself and see an ace fraysexual, then I believe you. 

Most labels that aren't the standard get criticized for some reason. I don't really get it. and I prefer a simpler nomenclature :lol: all that extra detail don't make sense to me. But if it makes sense to others, I trust them! 

13 minutes ago, Flump222 said:

I don't know what to do.

Here's what you do: Chill :P

Asexual, Fraysexual, Claysexual, they're just labels, words, and words are wind. It's entirely up to you to decide whether you want to use a label or not. If you think it fits, and it feels good, then sure, use it. If not, don't. And it shouldn't matter one damn what anyone else thinks of your decision, because that decision is yours.

I'm not even sure there is such a thing as being "less ace". Asexuality is a spectrum, we're all at different places along the way; no two aces are exactly alike.

If you want to identify as fraysexual and as an asexual (as an umbrella term), go for it :cake: 

Labels that extend the foundation term are for self identification purposes. It's important to understand yourself but trying to explain the nuances to others can be a waste of time. You can identify with whichever type of asexuality you like but it still makes you asexual.

Archived