Favorite element?

Yatogami

Favorite element?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What element do you deem your favorite?

• Wind
    • Water
    • Fire
    • Earth
    • Metal
    • Wood
    • Shadow
    • Light
  2. 2. What element reflects your personality?

• Wind (Free and spontaneous)
    • Water ( Emotional and driven)
    • Fire (Passionate and head strong)
    • Earth (Stable and earnest)
    • Metal (Stubborn and sharp)
    • Wood (Wise and adaptable)
    • Shadow (Secretive and reserved)
    • Light (Honest and Straightforward.

This poll is closed to new votes

Quintessence - the quintessential element!

(I just realized/found out today that quintessence literally means "fifth essence" (or, you might say, element), and in modern physics it refers to a form of dark energy)

I would probably say wood is my favorite of the listed elements and that shadow probably fits me best of the listed ones (although I have other elements to my personality as well). Shadow, wood = Mirkwood? :P 

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

Well another thing is that since I don't have any of the energy sensing abilities that they have, I'm not able to explain it.  Perhaps they can teach me how they do it, but it could be really hard since I grew up as emotionless as one can be.  A lot of it has to do with feeling, I know that.  I could perhaps be the worst candidate to learn these things.  I can only learn by observation.  A lot of energy in the brain means someone is thinking too much, which is my tendency.  But there are also times that my mind is completely blank, which is probably why my classmates thought I was an idiot, because my mind was, quite literally, empty.  I don't believe there's an in between for me in that sense.  They all probably have the sense of feeling the energy in the air so that when a dark, heavy energy enters (usually me from a life of grudging), they all know.

Energy sensing abilities they think they have, but probably don’t.

FIIIIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEEEE. *____*

I'm an aquarius, so I'm supposed to be air, but while I think it does fit somewhat, I have this temper that I constantly have to keep in check, or it might come back to bite me.

Here was me all prepared to state my favourite element on the periodic table :( (Xenon by the way)

I'd say I'm a tough one. If I was an elemental, I'd probably be an Earth (or maybe water) one, because I have a very strong connection to nature and the environment, but from the short descriptors you've put, I'd say I'm wood

23 hours ago, Graceful said:

I’ve never understood when people ask this question. Is it related to the Avatar cartoon?

Culturally, across the world. Elements are associated with God, and other spiritual associations. Which is why the Chinese and Western zodiac incorporate elements based on months in accordance to year and star alignments. Think of them as the spiritual cardinal directions (North, East, South West). 

I know its just astrology, but it is fun to think about. Just like the Harry Potter house etc.

What's a favourite element? :D I acknowledge their existence, that's enough. Also seconding @Graceful, no idea what they are supposed to "mean".

J. van Deijck

1. What element do you deem your favorite?

I chose water, although if electricity was a thing... :wub:

2. What element reflects your personality?

I chose Light, since I'm definitely honest and straightforward. :P although fire, water, shadow and metal seem to fit, too. 

I wish I was more like my bf, and he is a typical earth. :D

J. van Deijck
36 minutes ago, Homer said:

What's a favourite element? :D I acknowledge their existence, that's enough. Also seconding @Graceful, no idea what they are supposed to "mean".

I confess my first thought was that this census was going to be about the periodic table. :P

1 hour ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

I confess my first thought was that this census was going to be about the periodic table. :P

Ha, same here.

1 hour ago, [noize:injekktion] said:

and he is a typical earth.

But wat dis mean? :blink:

Grumpy Alien

@Homer I’m glad I’m not alone in my confusion. Everyone here seems to have some sort of secret knowledge!

Grumpy Alien
3 hours ago, Malum said:

Culturally, across the world. Elements are associated with God, and other spiritual associations. Which is why the Chinese and Western zodiac incorporate elements based on months in accordance to year and star alignments. Think of them as the spiritual cardinal directions (North, East, South West). 

I know its just astrology, but it is fun to think about. Just like the Harry Potter house etc.

Where can I find a chart of what they mean then?

To be honest I mostly have a simple understand from liking the 4 western elements a fair bit as a kid, and the rest from reading a whole lot of chinese web literature that quite often involves the elements and what attributes they have

I like that everyone who came crashing in aboard the Periodic Table train has given a unique and decidedly obscure favourite element, and none of us has seen fit to explain further :P

On 07/03/2018 at 8:45 PM, [noize:injekktion] said:

Same :lol: (It's lithium, if anyone was wondering :P)

As for the actual questions I picked water for both.

Tasha the demi squirrel

The first question was easier than the second as water is my favourite element but more than 1 element describes me I was thinking between water and light (emotional and honest) my sister when I asked her opinion thought between fire and light (head strong and honest) so I selected light as it was the one we agreed on

I can never decide between air and water, but this time I've chosen air as my favourite. And metal as the one that best reflects my personality.

• 1 month later...

I like the fire element but I'd say I'm a mix of fire, metal and shadow

• 4 weeks later...

At first I thought this was about the Periodic Table, then when I saw the questions I thought it was about the types of personality, but now I'm very confused...

My favorite element is air (wind in this poll), my zodiac sign is earth and the type of personatities regarding elements was air when I saw the description of all four elements. But from your descriptions I am a bit of every element. So, I don't really know what to answer in the second question. :D 

• 6 months later...

Wind and Wood (I've never heard of wood as an element before but I'll go with it)

Chose fire as my favorite, metal as my personality. Lemme know which element means oblivious and clumsy and I will change my answer, lol.

Shadow/Earth/Wood all describe my personality

According to Ayurveda, I'm the Vata type, reflecting the qualities of air and movement. I wish I were more of a Kapha (earth) or Pitta (fire) person, or 'wise and adaptable' as wood.

Come to think of it, I'm probably drawn to the elements earth, wood and fire because I'm so restless and unstable - much like water, wind and shadows.

• 2 months later...

I'm like all the elements together and fighting each other until all lose and I'm an emotionalless mess

Archived