Asexual & Attractive?

Tyger Songbird

Judge your Physical Attractiveness  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How attractive do you think you are?

• Highly Attractive
    • Pretty Attractive
    • Somewhat Attractive
    • Not that Attractive
    • Unattractive

@Telecaster68 Your response to my post wasn't even really a response to my post because it's clear you failed to understand what I had said. Instead you saw what you wanted to see and responded to that.

How likely is it that someone is going to flat-out tell another person "You're not so ugly that I won't have sex with you"?

So yes, that is fine if both parties are aware and they agree to that, but I was not talking about a situation in which the person showing interest states their intentions.

Telecaster68

You seemed to be saying you were pissed off that people had sex under conditions you don't approve of. 

Browncoat10
4 hours ago, tygersongbird said:

Hmm, you may be right. Maybe there is more to sexual people than whether you are attractive or not. I just happen to meet a lot of people who openly flaunt or parade to every single human that they are openly sexual. It just makes me uncomfortable whenever people look at me and say that I'm attractive. I just think they're lying. Maybe it's because I don't see myself in that manner, like I said in my opening post about how frumpy I am. However, I don't want people to think that way about me so I can avoid the pressure of having to "turn down their advances". So, who knows?

It's totally legitimate for you to feel uncomfortable with being told you're attractive if you think they're lying or it makes you uncomfortable. I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way. In fact I imagine there are also plenty of sexual people who feel like that. There's a difference between being given a casual compliment and some stranger telling you you're attractive with some other clear intention... A lot of my (sexual) friends become uncomfortable in those kinds of situations. It sucks that you get it a lot though.

2 hours ago, Chimeric said:

There have been times when it's just been a really well-meaning compliment, and I do worry a little bit that, as a society, we're programmed to equate it with a sexual advance when it isn't, necessarily.

Now, I don't love being cat-called or having my butt grabbed in public, but those are very different from being complimented. 

I completely agree - like I said, there's a difference. Painting all sexuals as just making sex-obsessed advances all the time is totally unfair and not true, but it definitely does happen. 

confused lil bee

This is one of the hardest questions ever tbh, objectivity is so friggin hard to come by. Like I get compliments from friends and family, but those people have an incentive to not be critical.