Nicknames?

Platonic Underdog

Platonic Underdog

Okay, so I'm just curious about this. Does anyone have a nickname they use to refer to being one the ace/aro spectrum? For me, I am asexual aromantic and am on the far nope end of both. What I fondly refer to myself as is a platonic. Not original, I know, but it does represent who I am fairly easily. Or whenever a romantic or sexual scene in on screen, I tend to mutter about how "I'm too platonic for this bullcrap". I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this? What do you think?

My friends often refer to me as just my real name but used as a gender or sexuality. And than I started doing it myself too.
So something like "I don't get this, but than again, i am a *name*"

Platonic Underdog

That sounds pretty good 😊

what xorf said is cool. like, you can make up your own way to call identity, it doen't have to be a thing actually. yOU CAN CALL IT ICE-CREAM, IF YOU WANT TO, and that's ok. whatever, I hope this helped<3

Platonic Underdog

Yeah, it's a pretty cool thing. I'm honestly just curious as to what others like to call themselves. It can be interesting to talk about our different ways of referring to ourselves apart from the typical label. I identify as ace aro, but the term "a platonic" is something I like to use in a jovial or grumbling sense. 

• 1 year later...
discoveringqueerme

my girlfriend and I were just talking about this, she's pan and refers to herself as a "pannie" and was wondering if there's a term like that for ace folks, my immediate reaction was to look here.  I haven't come across one yet but who knows!

Archived