What will the future bring?

Yeast

This isn't about what I face in the future as an asexual. Its what I face in the future as a human. It's unwise to tell a man about his demise but I want to know anyhow. Knowledge is power and age usually amounts to wisdom. All right, I know no two people are the same and this easily extends to physiology but I do know we all are going to die. Morbid perhaps but the common denominator of death might make preparing for it an exercise in the minimization of unpleasantness. No friends or family so this isn't an issue. I'm still in rather good health but at my age I can certainly feel it diminishing. I suppose questions may involve - when do you start loosing teeth? I'm prone to tendinitis in my legs and feet. Is it possible I may some day need a walker? I've seen a casual friend need one of these. Yes, I know this may be something I need to discuss with the medical establishment. There's a difference between a paid professional and someone who just wants to share their own experiences though. 

Indicate precisely what you mean to say.

Yours sincerely, wasting away ...

Growing older keeps coming as a surprise for me. I keep thinking I'm younger than I actually am.

1 hour ago, Yeast said:

I'm still in rather good health but at my age I can certainly feel it diminishing. I suppose questions may involve - when do you start loosing teeth? I'm prone to tendinitis in my legs and feet. Is it possible I may some day need a walker? I've seen a casual friend need one of these. Yes, I know this may be something I need to discuss with the medical establishment. There's a difference between a paid professional and someone who just wants to share their own experiences though. 

As for teeth, I would think it depends on genetics, how well you take care of your teeth, whether you visit a dentist on a regular basis, stuff like that. I wonder about having to use a walker too. I've got a bad ankle which rolls too easily over bumps and rocks - I'm amazed I haven't tripped more often than I actually have. Add in a bad hip and knee and things get more tricky.

Heck, how about repetitive stress damage to your wrists from using the mouse/computer/etc.? I wonder how much longer I'll have before holding a book will become impossible. :mellow:

I'm 35 and I've used a walker since I was 27 or 28. Most of the time these days I only need my cane, though. My back and knees were messed up from my time in the military. It all comes down to what your physical experience in life is like and genetics.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

My old mum (who lived to 91 with horrendous bad health in the last 20 years of it) always said 'Sure, if I knew the place I was going to die, I'd never go there!':D

A lot of things are just the luck of the draw, it's best just to g with the flow and enjoy the moment you have. I'm sure building muscle and remaining active will stave off the decline though. As an oldie, the only advice I really have is to enjoy what you're doing and that'll keep you young too.

I take each day as it comes. There have been (at least) 3 times in my life when it could have resulted in death - when my horse reared  and fell to the left instead of straight back (left arm doesn't work too well now and is getting worse), when I hemorrhaged after my son was born and the pupil midwife panicked; and when I suffered internal bleeding after my hysterectomy which my GP missed - by the time I was readmitted to hospital my bp was down to something over 40 and my temp up to 40C (funny the things you remember). I look on every day now as a bonus.

If we worry too much about our demise, we miss the fun of living :) 

TerrysAwake

I'm at the stage of my life where I have plenty of problems to keep fighting to survive. Being single, homoromantic, demisexual, hiv poz and disabled, getting a partner, to say the least, is nearly impossible. Being that most gay men are shallow. I'm too stubborn to care if my body is going to crap. I still push myself, 'cause I insist on doing what I want. I'll worry about aging when I'm dead. Or probably not. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jetsun Milarepa

@Tanwen horrendous as they sound, these experiences have made you fearless, so in a strange way they've been made positive due to your outlook - inspiring! :cake:

andreas1033

If you plan on having children, you better hope america(anglo-american empire) never gets what they want, and to take over the whole world.

Thats the only thing i would say about the future, and where this world is going.

Absolute power does corrupt absolutely.

On 24/03/2018 at 10:29 PM, andreas1033 said:

If you plan on having children, you better hope america(anglo-american empire) never gets what they want, and to take over the whole world.

Thats the only thing i would say about the future, and where this world is going.

Absolute power does corrupt absolutely.

To prove that point, you only have to look at the British Empire :( 

In the future cats will evolve opposable thumbs, then we're really stuffed 

• 3 months later...

Archived