Demigender

Purple_Panda

Purple_Panda

Can someone please explain the terms "demigender," "demiboy," and "demigirl" to me? I tried looking it up but they still don't make much sense to me. I'm still trying to find a label for myself and found these and looked them up. Thank you. 

Demiboy
A demiboy is someone whose gender identity is only partly male, regardless of their assigned gender at birth.
Demigirl
A demigirl is someone whose gender identity is only partly female, regardless of their assigned gender at birth.
Demifluid
DemifluidA nonbinary gender identity that is partially fluid and part static. This is different from genderfluid and demiflux

All of them are from https://www.myumbrella.org.uk/identities/gender-identities (My Umbrella)
Hope it helps!
Janus the Fox

Referencing this from the Gender Master post

Demigirl: 1. Someone who feels but the barest association with being a woman or girl, but not a significant enough association to identify as a woman or girl. The association with the female gender is not strong enough to identify as female, but the dissociation is not strong enough to create physical discomfort or dysphoria if referred to as female rather than genderqueer, neutral or male.
2. someone who is feminine or transfeminine but not wholly binary-identified, so that they feel more strongly associated with "female" than "male" or "non-binary," socially or physically, but not strongly enough to justify an absolute self-identification as "woman."

Demiguy: 1. Someone who feels but the barest association with being a man or boy, but not a significant enough association to identify as a man or boy. The association with the male gender is not strong enough to identify as male, but the dissociation is not strong enough to create physical discomfort or dysphoria if referred to as male rather than genderqueer, neutral or female.
2. someone who is masculine or transmasculine but not wholly binary-identified, so that they feel more strongly associated with "male" than "female" or "non-binary," socially or physically, but not strongly enough to justify an absolute self-identification as "man."

Demigender: The state of feeling loosely attached to a gender (any specific gender, or gender as a generality), but not attached enough to identify as having a gender. A demigender person may feel some association with a gender, but not enough to fully identify as that gender. They may also feel some association with a gender-less identification.

The jest implies a weak association with gender.  Where a Cis may associate strongly with their own gender, a Demigen/guy/girl would have very few connections with that current gender.  As with any gender, it isn't connected with the physical sex but may have weak associations if any at all.

The Male sex could have a Demigirl gender, though with a mild or no dysphoria to take action to transition, for some this may mean changing a few things like expressing more feminine like also cross-dressing full or part time.  This is also true in Female sex Demiguys.

Interpretations and personal opinions will vary with everyone of course.

I could easily fall into that category, though fall further into Agender with mild gender fluidity into Demigirl, as a Male sex, prompting me to express as female part time.

Purple_Panda

@Falcon7, @Janus DarkFox

I sometimes feel like feel like I'm missing a part "down there" or want my chest gone. Most of the time, I'm okay being a girl though. Would that put me under the demigender umbrella possibly or am I thinking incorrectly? Thank you. 

Janus the Fox

How ever and what feels right for you now is your own to identify with :)

Archived