New Project Team member needed: Director of Social Media: Nominations

Kelly

We are now taking nominations for a PT member in for the office of Director of Social Media.

If you think you would be interested in being the new Project Team Member, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

The Project Team is in charge of visibility projects on AVEN. For more information about what the Project Team does, please see this link:

http://avenpt.tumblr.com/projectteam

Possible Project Team activities include:

- dealing with AVEN's media and research requests,

- managing resources,

- giving help to others with their visibility projects.

All PT positions have a duration of 2 years. If anyone steps down in that time, a new election will be held and the replacement will have a new term of 2 years.

The office that we are presently in need of is:

Director of Social Media (Online media coordinator)

Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this role are to promote visibility and education projects on online media such as Tumblr and Facebook. This includes reblogging mainstream media requests and local visibility events, promoting campaigns, and sometimes posting researchers' calls for participants. This person should engage with the wider online community on discussions relating to asexuality and AVEN, and supporting the media contact's work as and when needed.

Requirements: This person should be familiar with how to use Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook and have a feel for their social dynamics.

If you think that you would be an awesome AVEN Project Team Member, please throw you hat, turnip, whatever, in here.

Please make sure to specify which position you are running for, and be aware that you can't run for more than one position at the same time.

To run, a person must have been a member for at least 6 months, and have at least 100 posts that are not in the Just For Fun or Welcome Area forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning. The eligibility criteria for PT are precisely the same as that for an Admod. A bio is required by voting time. Election rules are here:

You can run for only one office at a time.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 1 March to Thursday, 8 March: Nominations.

Thursday, 8 March to Sunday, 11 March: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 11 March to Sunday, 18 March: Voting.

3 hours ago, kelico said:

*considering this* 

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/280/551/1af.jpg

scarletlatitude

Also considering.... my life just got a lot less hectic, and if ever I were to go for a PT position this would be it... 

:o Aw damn, you'd both be so good! 

scarletlatitude

Edit -- Upon further considerations, I think I'll wait for the next DT election and throw my hat into that ring. I'll bow out of the way of the great and powerful kelico.

giphy.gif

Aww, Scarlet! It would've been awesome if you ran. : ) But if DT is more your style, then hopefully that will come up some time. "Great and powerful kelico" haaa. :redface: Thanks. I'm not really lol! :ph34r:

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys!!! :lol: I guess I might as well.

*places cake and Miku plush in the ring* 

YEEEEEESSSS, KELICO!!! :D

I will be lying in wait for the vote. - v -/ (I can't run myself, as I don't meet the requirements. :c I still have two and a half months before I can participate in any elections.)

8 minutes ago, Gareki said:

I will be lying in wait for the vote. - v -/ (I can't run myself, as I don't meet the requirements. :c I still have two and a half months before I can participate in any elections.)

We're looking forward to when that time comes. :D

(seriously, it's awesome to see enthusiasm from members who want to become a part of AVEN staff)

:D Good luck Kelico and anyone else who may run for this!

2 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

Edit -- Upon further considerations, I think I'll wait for the next DT election and throw my hat into that ring. I'll bow out of the way of the great and powerful kelico.

giphy.gif

:o Yay! :D
(Also that GIF! :wub: )

I highly encourage people going for it. It’s really a lot of fun and an interesting perspective on the asexual community. You also may find out some new things you didn’t know about. It’s really cool!

If you have any questions regarding it, feel free to ask myself, Cosine, or others of course.

Good luck! :cake: 

scarletlatitude
12 hours ago, Cimmerian said:

:D Good luck Kelico and anyone else who may run for this!

:o Yay! :D
(Also that GIF! :wub: )

Yeah I think DT would be better for me. I like organizing and categorizing things. :)

Whoever wins this (be it kelico or someone else), just FYI we will need you for the AVENues social media sharing. 

On 4-3-2018 at 1:25 AM, kelico said:

Aww, Scarlet! It would've been awesome if you ran. : ) But if DT is more your style, then hopefully that will come up some time. "Great and powerful kelico" haaa. :redface: Thanks. I'm not really lol! :ph34r:

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys!!! :lol: I guess I might as well.

*places cake and Miku plush in the ring* 

Yay! Good luck kelico! :D 

bts-practice.gif

Good luck to anyone considering this position :cake: 

*closes to start campaigns*

Sorry for being late; the Noreaster left me trapped at home with no power. phone, or internet and blocked my driveway with downed trees.

Archived