Hi Im new here and I have a few questions

JadziaAce

So my main question is how the heck is this site organized? I keep getting lost and have no idea where to post the question I have so... Guess what? I'm posting it here lol Onto more serious matters, I have a slight issue. My friend is cheating on her boyfriend because he won't have sex with her and she wants it and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Like, she's my friend and all but she's not ace like me(obviously) so its hard to know what will make her upset... I don't know if its normal for sexual and not sexual couples to have other partners but she's not telling her boyfriend about it and I think he's ace but I don't want to assume and tell her to tell him. Any ideas? I know this likely the wrong section for this question but I an so confused rn...

Hello and welcome. I generally post directly to the opening page of this site using the "start new topic" button which is what you probably did. The site moderator then places each new post into its proper forum. Yours probably belongs in the "asexual relations" section. This has been my experience though I respond to posts much more than starting new ones.

Sexual/asexual relationships can get confusing and complicated. I was fortunate enough to know a sexual friend who accepted me the way I was. I accepted the fact they had boyfriends. I doubt situations like this happen very often though. I sort of get the impression your friend has told you she has another boyfriend but has said very little about it otherwise. What would probably upset her most is if you discussed things and you got judgmental. If you feel the need to talk about this the trick is going to be encouraging your friend to bring up the things she might like some advice on. Maybe the clues are to be found in the reason she told you in the first place. Why does she want you to know but not her boyfriend? I think one of the reasons might be her fear of loosing him if he finds out she's cheating. Think about why you want to talk about this. Do you disapprove of it? If so you are going to have to use a lot of tact if you ever discuss it. I suppose if this were some sort of movie the writer would contrive a situation in which her boyfriend would indeed be asexual and you two discussed things as two people with the same sexual orientation. Whether you told him about your friends cheating is up to the writer. However if this ever does happen in the real world, I think it would be unwise to tell him. This is for your friend to do. Maybe the best place to start is telling your friend what it's like to be asexual. Does she know? If not, you may find she may not believes people can't feel sexual attraction. If this is so then your friend's relationship has gotten even more complicated. In any case, I hope things work themselves out for the better.

Vicky Angel

Welcome :cake:

This site can be confusing at first.  

You might want to try questions about relationships, or tea and sympathy 

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived