Well, this is awkward. SOMEONE HELP please.

Mx. Who

These are the facts of what is going on:

-I'm a heteromantic asexual.

-I have a crush on my best friend since kindergarten.

-He's completely straight.

These are the not facts of what I think is going on:

-He doesn't have a crush on me.

Someone please help me. I need to figure out what to do.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb9I-Kdi7iCNnIZHF-T4Jor he might. It depends.

Life's too short to squander on unspoken things where it counts. Tell him how you feel. He might be on board for trying a relationship, or he might not. But you'll never know if you don't try. And that's a regret down the road you don't want nagging at you from the depths of memory in old age, believe me.

MissMidnight

I'd want to tell them so its off my chest and that they now know, if they want to try something awesome if not you tried kind of thing. 

When i first was in a situation like this the advice given to me was "Just shove him against a wall and kiss him! if he kisses you back he wants you too, if he shows you off well you were off the mark completely and then you know" Mind you I did not take this advice as it didnt seem right to me, this is something I would not like done so why would I do that to someone else? >.< Basically my point is here everyone can give you advice but if you read our advice and feel like no thats not for me then you know whats also not what you want to do :) Youll figure out what you want to do and how you want to handle it and it will be okay :) 

The problem is that I'm terrified that it will mess up our friendship.

Otherwise I would have told him by now. Also we're only in 9th grade.

purplepassion

Let it out! You'll never know if he'll reciprocate ;) Better to know instead of having those what ifs and could have beens :) 

MissMidnight

Well if you really dont want to tell him, why dont you broach the subject by trying to find out if he likes anyone? I wont say do the whole conversation of this is happening to my friend what advice should I give kind of thing because most people see straight through that but maybe try and have a conversation about well crushes or something and gauge the situation. That way you arent telling them or changing anything in your relationship and you might find out if he does like someone. Like hell you could play true or dare or something and casually drop it in somewhere.

I don't know anymore if I am heteroromantic, I might have to add demi to that. But I'll try to help the best I can. The answer depends on if he knows you're ace. If he knows you are, I don't see what could go wrong with telling him. Well, how much of a crush could affect this too. The most I've ever wanted to do was cuddling, where I would see no problem. Kissing romantically might be a bit much for him. But then you could just not kiss him out of respect and everything is ok now.

Well, this is interesting.

I just searched "how to get over a crush on your best friend" on Google, and guess what the first hit was?

Suicide Prevention Lifeline

That's depressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently my little sister has seen this coming for over 5 years.

I always knew she was physic.

Speaking as someone that has never had a crush (unrequited or not) ruin a friendship, I can safely attest to that it's not going to ruin a friendship unless either of you let it.

Most people, assuming they're mostly well-adjusted, will probably find your admission flattering anyway, even if that doesn't necessarily mean they actually want to form a relationship with you.

2 years ago, I told my friend that I liked her. I had only known her for like 6 months and she had a boyfriend. She eventually dumped her boyfriend because she didn't even get to see him and she found out he was doing drugs. Then, last year, her best friend became a captain of the robotics team we're on and started treating her like shit. It was a rough two years for both of us, but she's my best friend now and we tell each other everything. I've been there for her when she's wanted to hurt herself, during anxiety attacks, and when she wants to just stop existing. If you tell him, things might be kind of awkward for a few weeks if he doesn't like you. If he does like you, great. I'm happy for you. If he doesn't like you, things might be a little awkward for a few weeks but it'll pass and you can continue being friends. Don't worry about screwing up your friendship. I had this weird feeling in my chest before I told my best friend that Iiked her. My entire cvesg felt weird until I told her. It only got worse the longer I waited. If you haven't already told him, just tell him how you feel and expect to be rejected. That's the one thing I wish someone had told me before I told my friend. If you don't get rejected, you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you do, you will be ready for it.

• 3 months later...

THE CRUSH IS GONE

OH HAPPY DAYS

I told one of my friends via text and this is the conversation 

Her:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Me:

My crush is gone!!!

Well that's just depressing

Glad I woke up to see that

I'll be crying now my ship is dead

Archived