I need a little help..

So I am 16 and trying to work myself out. A lot of my friends have boyfriends and are starting to become sexual and my friends without boyfriends want to be sexual. I really love the idea of having a boyfriend but the idea of sex makes me very uncomfortable and I personally don’t see the attraction. I look at guys and think they’re attractive and I would like to get to know them and spend time with them but no more than that. I think I may be asexual and have read so much about it. Everything people have said I can relate to which is refreshing for me as none of my friends share my thoughts but I have casually brought it into conversation with my parents the concept and they just say I am a later developer and I will one day be sexual yet I really don’t feel like I will. They aren’t too accepting or understanding of anything to do with lgbtq+ ideas and I don’t want them to hate me, treat me any differently or tell me my thoughts aren’t valid. So I kind of just wanted advice on 1. Whether I am too young 2. Whether I may be asexual and 3. How to approach it with my parents 

Purple Wanderer

1.   -  certainly not too young... but it is a weird time in everyone's life. and so much is subject to change - I'd  hate to meet 16 year old me - you change sooo much in how you think and behave etc     2.  -   certainly what you describe sounds like your somewhere on the ace spectrum,   3.  I wouldn't tell them yet unless your comfortable in identifying as ace

• Like 1

You might be asexual, but there are a lot of 16 year olds who enjoy romantic relationships but don't want sex - but will want it in the future. 

No need to define yourself now.  Just act in ways that make you happy, and change if new things make you happy.