Grey/romating March. Anyone else get this

DeltaDeusChaos

DeltaDeusChaos

Over here in South Western Michigan the snow has melted away and it's starting to warm to an amazing 60°F. Even though it's still technically February, I've gotten my usual urges again. This had been something I've given many nicknames such as Grey March, Romating March, "What the actual F***" March, March; my time of the month month, and " Oh my f****** something is wrong with me" March.

Normally I never get any romantic urges and only think of romance when I'm watching romcom anime and reading books. Affection for me is petting their head whenever I think they're cute and tight, but quick, hugs. Any affection given to me causes me to flinch, apologize, say it's fine, and then stress more and more as it goes on.

But not in March. I get romantic dreams, I have romantic thoughts, I never flinch, and romance doesn't stress me out. This is present constantly for the first week then is sporadic for a few weeks after. Afterwards I just go back to being my usual self. It has greatly affected my platonic relationships and ruined one of my relationships.

The few people I've talked about this to either don't get it or suggest it's something to do with the animal side of the brain since most wild animals mate in the spring. I've certainly thought that this theory is possible but I've never gotten sexual urges during these periods.

Just wanted to see if anyone else suffers from something similar and maybe hear a few alternative theories.

wonderflonium

I can relate - I go through phases where the idea of a romantic relationship seems absurd to me, and I honestly don't see the need for it. Alternatively, I crave that kind of connection sometimes - although it's far more often than once a year. It hits me hard every few months. I still view myself as a romantic person, because ultimately I'd be okay with a romantic relationship at any time, but my interest in actually forming them and putting in the work ebbs and flows. It seems to come in waves. My theory for myself was that is was hormone related - something that triggered a need to feel deeply connected to someone in a non familial way - or a bit of seasonal affective disorder kicking in at times.

I've also messed up a few friendships because of it. Sometimes I try to forge a deeper relationship when I'm feeling that pull for something romantic, but ultimately it's a bad idea for me. The few people I tried to date when feeling this way ultimately ended in me pulling away as that need to feel close faded. I'm pretty careful about who I choose to date now that I've recognized my asexuality...so dating is pretty rare, even when I feel that pull for a romantic relationship.

Hope you make it through the March Madness.  ;)

Two things come to mind. Any romantic or love  associations to the month of march? Could be unconscious, even stemming to childhood. Also I'm highly curious about your astrological aspects, specifically any natal moon and venus aspects to the transiting sun. Or transiting venus hitting your natal sun/moon midpoint. You can PM me your birth date, time, and location if you'd like me to look into it ^_^

Archived