What should I do?

Rosendust

So, a few days ago(Monday actually) a friend of mine, presented her speech for an assignment that we were required to do for a grade. Let's call her C. C's topic was about Transplanted Organs and the Behavior of the Person's who has that Organ. Well, after she finishes her speech, C remarks, "There's also this case of a Lesbian that found she was attracted to men after receiving an organ." Then, she laughed. Now, I'm wondering if it's safe to tell her about my being Biromantic, etc. What would you do?

Or am I overreacting about the situation?

Regards,

Rosendust 

4 minutes ago, uhtred said:

Was the remark to you personally, or to the audience?  Are you in a part of the country where various sexual orientations are accepted?

Well, she did look at me when she said it towards the class! 

And, sadly, no. This part of the state is very old fashioned. But the Capital City+another part of the city(that's two hours away) are more accepting 

I can't make a call for you. I can only cough out my two cents. Personally I've never understood the need to announce my sexuality or orientations to anybody. As far as I'm concerned, the less people in my personal life that know anything about me the better. If it was me in your shoes, I wouldn't say anything. Mountains out of molehills as they say. That's not my suggestion, just my two cents.

Are you considering talking to them because it upset you in some way, or you feel like they're somebody you could talk to about things? I feel like some clarification is needed.

Just now, E is for E said:

I can't make a call for you. I can only cough out my two cents. Personally I've never understood the need to announce my sexuality or orientations to anybody. As far as I'm concerned, the less people in my personal life that know anything about me the better. If it was me in your shoes, I wouldn't say anything. Mountains out of molehills as they say. That's not my suggestion, just my two cents.

Are you considering talking to them because it upset you in some way, or you feel like they're somebody you could talk to about things? I feel like some clarification is needed.

Well, we've only known each other since this class began back in January. I feel like she'd listen, but not understand. 

@E is for E

6 hours ago, Rosendust said:

Well, she did look at me when she said it towards the class! 

And, sadly, no. This part of the state is very old fashioned. But the Capital City+another part of the city(that's two hours away) are more accepting 

Maybe you can make a light comment, something like'  "I can think of worse traits to get from a transplant than finding both men and women attractive".  If she looks shocked or says what could be worse  you can  "joke it" with "finding out you now like anchovies on pizza". or something similar. 

OTOH if she is trying to make a connection she has the opportunity, to escellate a little. 

Archived