I feel like my gender is changing??? Possibly? Idk

Dellakat

Alright, so for the longest time I've felt femme genderflux (girlflux?), but I feel like that might be different now.. And I honestly have no clue if it is or not, though. I know that for the time I claimed genderflux, I was genderflux, but now I feel like I'm not fluctuating anymore. But I don't know if I feel demigirl or just agender. Is it possible for your gender to change without being genderfluid? Because I've felt genderflux for a really really long time now, and I feel like genderfluid just doesn't describe what's going on. Does that make sense? But then again, if I am still genderflux, this could just be the first time I've been super duper low on my scale. Meaning that I basically feel agender or close to it. My fluctuations usually stay between 30% - 85% girl, so if this is below 30%, it would be the first time, so I might just be overthinking things. This is also the first time that I've really wanted to go by they/them pronouns. Usually, I'm fine with she/her because it's easy, and I didn't mind going by them, but I just really feel a strong connection to they/them pronouns right now.. Ugh, I guess I'll just ride it out a little longer and see what happens. Thanks for taking the time to read this if you did~

Stay happy, my friends~

Hey there!

I just wanted to say that whatever labels you decide to go with, even if none at all, your feelings are valid! It's okay if things change, or you change, regardless you are still completely valid.

Is genderflux more of a term to describe not really knowing how to feel about your gender? So it's not exactly as concrete as nonbinary? I am sorry for being ignorant; I looked it up and I don't think I totally understand it.

31 minutes ago, spazzticsoda said:

Is genderflux more of a term to describe not really knowing how to feel about your gender? So it's not exactly as concrete as nonbinary? I am sorry for being ignorant; I looked it up and I don't think I totally understand it.

Genderflux describes how your gender behaves or changes. It can be different but I think genderflux people generally know how they feel about their gender. 

As a comparison non-binary is what your gender is (or is not). 

And to address OP, it could just be a part of your genderfluxness reaching a new level. So technically yes gender changes but overall you’d still be genderflux. 

1 hour ago, Dellakat said:

now I feel like I'm not fluctuating anymore.

This could just be a period before it changes again? Idk, personally I usually stay agender for long periods of time before I flux to boy. 

Taylor Lilith

I am definitely not genderflux.  I'm genderfluid.  The genders I do are definite and set.  The article on the nonbinary wiki says that it is a form of genderfluidity or maybe genderfluidity is a form of genderflux idk.  Use the term if you want to.  It's your choice.  Binary people can't go be nonbinary, cis can't go by trans but those are about the only rules I care about.  If you feel your genderfluid, you're genderfluid.

Archived