Am I actually Biromantic??

confused lil bee

Vincisomething

I'm in this boat, but kind of in the opposite direction. Part of me is like, "maybe I'm bi" but then I'll meet women individually and I just go, "hmm, maybe not."

It's mostly my demisexuality that confuses it. I'm romantically attracted to men and I'll think I'm sexually attracted to women... until I know one. It's because I can't form that same emotional connection, so I can't be sexually attracted to them, right? But then my brain will just think of women, some vague woman, the idea or the concept of a woman, and makes me think I'm attracted to that. It's so weird. Will I ever form some sort of particular bond with a woman?

In your case, did you feel like you were ever genuinely attracted to men before?

I find that I am more often aesthetically attracted to slender pretty men  (but also handsome lanky women too) , but generally feel more comfortable when I think about dating a woman because...and I know this is going to sound so sexist, but I feel like a woman would not 'push' as much and there is less to worry about if she forced herself on me , because it would be easier to fight off. I've also had closer friendships in the past with women,so it just seems 'easier'.  There is also the aspect that if for some reason I decided to negotiate with sex, I would prefer a woman's parts to a man's, even if I do  overall like male's chests/body frame  better?

I don't know if that could be influencing you as well? I've actually had things fluctuate too; when I was younger i didn't find myself drawn to women at all, but the scales tip back and forth often. I don't desire relationships though, but i'm talking hypothetical.

Vincisomething
24 minutes ago, spazzticsoda said:

I find that I am more often aesthetically attracted to slender pretty men  (but also handsome lanky women too) , but generally feel more comfortable when I think about dating a woman because...and I know this is going to sound so sexist, but I feel like a woman would not 'push' as much and there is less to worry about if she forced herself on me , because it would be easier to fight off. I've also had closer friendships in the past with women,so it just seems 'easier'.  There is also the aspect that if for some reason I decided to negotiate with sex, I would prefer a woman's parts to a man's, even if I do  overall like male's chests/body frame  better?

I don't know if that could be influencing you as well? I've actually had things fluctuate too; when I was younger i didn't find myself drawn to women at all, but the scales tip back and forth often. I don't desire relationships though, but i'm talking hypothetical.

Well, "sexism" against men isn't really the same as being sexist as a woman (considering misogyny and patriarchy that goes on, that people like to ignore), so you're good. And I've had that experience with a particular guy who was trying to coerce me (he was a complete piece of trash. Not even that, but the liquid you find in a garbage can). So very creepy.

I like the image of a woman, but I like (my ideal) male physique too. It's just on a personal level, I'm more attracted to men, but some men are just "ugh."

Archived