Subtle bigender jewelry or something?

Purple_Panda

I'm wondering if there is anything I could wear (jewelry or something like that) to subtlety give people a clue of what gender I am that day? I haven't told anyone except one person that I'm questioning, but at this point, I think whatever it is could be a reminder of how I feel, or letting my therapist know what gender I'm feeling without telling her. It might help me because I don't have any strictly "male" clothes. 

I haven't figured out if my pronouns will change, and I'm not 100% sure of the label "bigender," but does anyone have any ideas? Thank you. 

I'd try & look on Etsy. You can find pride merch there.

@Rosendust, that's the first place I looked. Should I just get bracelets or rings of different colors to represent each gender? I was looking at specifically bigender things on Etsy and came up with nothing. Thank you. 

I saw once that a genderfluid person’s friend gave them bracelets in differents colors to denote which gender they were at the time. (I this I also wrote a fanfiction based on this idea)

I think go with whichever is more comfortable for you to wear. I’m not much of a ring wearer so if I did something like this I’d go with bracelets but it’s up to you. 

I once heard a woman berate a man for wearing pink. I couldn't stop myself and told the woman she was crossdressing as well with her blue clothing = silence and exit- :D

There is a flag of course. Would you be able to find jewellery in those colours?

Way back in the genderfluid days, I wore my jacket all the time, and would turn it inside out as a sort of code way of saying "hey, I'm a girl today. How are you?" to those who knew.

Purple_Panda

@Alexandrite Alicorn, I just haven't told anyone except one friend and my therapists that I'm questioning as of right now this time around, because I want to figure it out for myself before I really say anything. I just want subtle ways to test it out, if that makes sense. "Male" clothing isn't really an option right now and it's too hard to figure out my sizing anyhow, so I want something a little easier. I don't usually wear bracelets and rings, but they are all I know of to use.

Thank you. 

InfiniteNull

A necklace could work as well. Maybe a thicker more masculine chain for the boyish days, and something more delicate and feminine for the girlish days. Perhaps even specific pendants to accentuate even more.

Not sure how your hair works... but maybe there are ways that you could wear it different. If it's long and you wear it down or up sometimes... a low ponytail could mean masculine, or a high ponytail or wearing it down could mean feminine. If it's short and you part it... having the part on the right (from your point of view) could indicate "feminine" and on the left could indicate "masculine"... although you'd have to have a hairstyle that can do both :)

Purple_Panda

@InfiniteNull, thank you. I'm actually growing my hair out. 

• 3 months later...
Celyn: The Lutening

Late to the party but I'm starting to consider bigender (male and demigirl) for myself and I use my hair like @InfiniteNull suggested. Low ponytail or down without straightening is male, high ponytail or straightened is demigirl.

When it was longer, plait straight down my back was male, side braid (over my shoulder) was demigirl.

This is all retrospective but I had a gender "Aha!" moment last night where I realised "Oh, so that's what I was doing."

Archived