The negative view of "virgins"

Flump222

I cant understand for the life of me why people care about other people's virginity so much !!!! Like people....get a life !!!😩

My virginity doesnt bother me...in fact I don't even think about it till some annoying person starts grilling me about it !!! Being virgin is natural for me !!!

Why is being a virgin so bad ? I don't have to worry about STDs,or pregnancies or how to impress a mate. And heyy...i'll survive horror movies !!! 😜😜

I think "normal" people are secretly jealous of us and our carefree lives !!! 😜😜

On 3/2/2018 at 2:24 AM, lazypanda said:

I cant understand for the life of me why people care about other people's virginity so much !!!! Like people....get a life !!!😩

My virginity doesnt bother me...in fact I don't even think about it till some annoying person starts grilling me about it !!! Being virgin is natural for me !!!

Why is being a virgin so bad ? I don't have to worry about STDs,or pregnancies or how to impress a mate. And heyy...i'll survive horror movies !!! 😜😜

I think "normal" people are secretly jealous of us and our carefree lives !!! 😜😜

Very true. I plan to be a virgin till the day I die. And if anyone tries to stop me, they will die.

Sometimes I think sex is something most people in the world have experienced or will be experiencing  at some point in their lives. It seems like such an essential life event.

People take it for granted. It is not even something you have to put a lot of effort into. With almost 100 percent certainty it will happen to most people.

Looking at it this way makes my kind of sad. Dying a virgin is kind of like not having lived life to the fullest.

On 2/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Flump222 said:

I was just thinking about this, and thought that I'd put my feelings here. So, I'm ace and don't want to engage in sexual activity with another person. However, when I think about being a "virgin" forever, it gives me these kind of mixed feelings. I feel that I'm missing out on some sort of opportunity, and that I might be less than people in that way. Even though I've never wanted sex with a particular person, and that I'd be perfectly happy being in a good, sexless relationship, the thought of that is still sort of negative for me. Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel the EXACT same way, I honestly thought I was alone. I feel so juvenile im comparison to my peers especially when they talk about sex. The thing with me is I want to try it to have that life experience that seems so crucial to everyone else and that way I know for sure how I feel about it. 

At the Same time though I'm scared becouse having all this time to look at it from the outside I've noticed how addiction like it is. I mean people seem to have similar withdrawal symptoms to cigarettes in that people get grouchy when the haven't had it in a while. People end perfectly good relationships because they aren't doing it as frequently as they'd like or they go out and cheat and break

Someone's heart over it. They get so wrapped up in it they do it with people they barely know and then never speak to them again. 

For me it's like trying a legal drug that society as a whole is hooked on, I want to know what it's like but I don't want to risk addiction.

I hate the word virgin or virginity. People can get really creepy or strung up on it whether or not you've had your "first-time", and this is even present historically in many cultures (ex. the Virgin Mary). I can't help to think people have made a huge mountain out of a molehill on a concept so benign and unimportant. 

Janus the Fox

At any point, I never had thought differently being a virgin or not, there's no difference to me before or after.  Society and media play a large part in and for people hung up on so called virginity, plays on insecurities in people all to often.

I was never really too concerned about losing my virginity personally, but would feel under pressure by the people I was dating because most people around my age (24) have already lost theirs. I like to think it's no big deal that I remain a virgin (especially since I'm repulsed by having sex), but society seems to conflate it into some sort of moral/physical failing that I need to amend right away. Can't please everyone, just gotta please yourself in cases like this.

everywhere and nowhere
On 1.03.2018 at 11:54 PM, squaggly said:

what is AMAB and AFAB?

Assigned Male At Birth & Assigned Female At Birth.

• 2 weeks later...

Virginity is a weird issue.

Historically, virginity before marriage in women was about male ownership of any children and preserving male inheritance issues - given that in truth only a mother-child relationship can be definitely proven in low tech societies. In addition, women's value was in their marriageability. The only way to gain any independence in a household was to be married. Therefore losing your virginity was linked to becoming an adult woman and taking on adult responsibilities. Not losing your virginity was linked to being unmarriageable (i.e. unwanted and therefore somehow defective) and being dependent on others for your upkeep (i.e. a drain on a household). Spinster family members were often passed around as unpaid household drudges or companions. Their treatment was a pressure on young women to get married regardless of how terrible that might end up being for them i.e. forced sex with a man 30 years old than you, with the bonus of some financial independence, is still better than being the household servant.

For men, now and historically, sexual activity is linked to maleness. Somehow the ability to ejaculate into a vagina makes you more capable as an individual. I actually think the pressure for men is worse than women. For men the pressure to have sex begins at puberty. At least women often get a few years before the pressure is put on them. It is still more acceptable for women to enter marriage as a virgin than for men to do so!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 5:54 PM, squaggly said:

what is AMAB and AFAB?

Assigned male at birth and assigned female at birth. Its a term that is used by genderqueer.

Archived