Ace Rings

Wandering Warlock

Wandering Warlock

I heard asexuals wear black rings as a sign of our orientation. I made a janky one out of black duct tape, but I want to get a real one. Do you guys wear a ring? If so what style do you wear?

*update* I got a ring off Amazin for 1 cent. 

For the longest time I wore a ring made out of black electrical tape, but recently I got a "real" one (I can't find the exact listing, but this looks pretty close). I know there are a lot of different styles out there, so if a plain black ring isn't your thing, I'm sure you can find something out there to fit the vibe you're going for. If you search for "black ring" on Amazon, there are a lot of really cool styles there.

I've been planning on getting one, a black spinner ring from stimtastic.co  only problem is I'm not really a jewelry person so I don't know how often I'd wear it

I do, sometimes, when I remember to wear it. I'm not really a ring person, but I make an exception for my ace ring. It just a plain band, made of black agate. Which can be a bit fragile, apparently; so far I've managed to avoid breaking it, but if you're a bit clumsy you would probably do better to get a steel one, like the one bkrdragon94 linked to, those are much more sturdy. 

arekathevampyre

I do . mine is a little different from what others are wearing . Mine is silver with a black enamel inlay . It is made of stainless steel and it is pretty durable though a little scratchy . The inlay hasn't peel because the metal is slightly raised (around it) . I do also own another one which is pure black in titanium and I wear it on a bracelet since I couldn't fit it on my ring finger - ace ring already on middle finger but a little bit loose on the pinky haha :)

knittinghistorian

I have one I made out of a little scrap of black leather.  It's comfortable, durable, and not too big a loss if I lose it, since I can always make another one.  On the downside, it has stretched out a little; I should've made it a little tighter on my finger to begin with.

Currently I have a cheep ring that I bought at a shop but it's not naturally black (it's some kind of cheep copper alloy) so every once in a while I have to reapply black nail polish to it. I've been meaning to get a different one from amazon but I haven't looked yet. 

My current one is black stainless steel!

StreetlightDawn

I do. It's a thin 2mm band, which I love because I have small hands but all the black rings I found were pretty thick and chunky.  I think it's an onyx gemstone.  It's been pretty durable, I've worn it while doing some deep house cleaning.

I really want one, but at the same time, I’m married and that would probably just confuse people. At this point in my life it is unnecessary. 

I started wearing the ring a bit ago, found a nice ring on amazon (made out of tungsten, very durable so far and I only take it off at night). Honestly it feels right to have it on, even thought I'm really not a ring person. I'm white so it's pretty noticeable, but either I know the person and I explain or they make a quick comment, or I don't know them and don't really care about their opinion  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Taylor Lilith

Mine is tungsten ceramic. I think 4 mm. I work in a restaurant so I handle steel wool and harsh chemicals often. No scratches and no discoloration yet. It was approx 10 USD on amazon. 

WWIFlyingAce

I got one very recently, it's a 4mm black gun stainless steel ring with the word "Ace" engraved in silver.  I got it on Etsy and told them what I wanted engraved on it.  I think it looks pretty cool, and it makes me feel good every time I look at it.

My ring is going to come tomorrow!!! So excited to try it on for the first time!!! But I can't pick it up until the day after 😔 

InfinitysGrace

I made my high school class ring into one since they had an option for them to be in black my year and I wanted a reason to continue wearing it. My S/O also got me one for my birthday last year. No one really knows what it means except for the people I've told since y'know I have an S/O so no one really would expect what it means at first glance, but I find comfort in wearing it.

AceTrainerTiny

I 3D printed and painted myself one and it was a lot of work to maintain, but them my mom randomly bought me one because she heard me talking about how I wanted to find one that didn't need constant maintenance. There's this app called wish (I think there's a website too) that has black rings all over it though, and they're all discount. I have a black version of the ring from lord of the rings  (and one a size up for if/when my hands grow) on the way because I thought that would be amusing because as and Ace, I'm already invisible (like seriously people rarely even notice that I'm in the room unless I make a point of letting them know. There are a few who know to look out for me by now but it's pretty great not being noticed unless I want to be for the most part)

I wear a Tungsten Carbide ring, as they have the twin benefits of being cheap and almost indestructible, handy when you're apraxic 

I had one that was rubber (silicone I think) and I really liked it. Then I stopped identifying as ace for a while and now I don't know where it is. I wish I knew.

Yep I do, but mine is kinda ambiguous - traibalmetalic one with a big black stone. i usually wear other stuff too, but this is the only one 'black' ring. Thinking about wearing 100% black simple ring with the currenct one, too.

I literally cannot find the "one", I don't want a normal black ring, but idk what to do....I should get a normal black ring that says "ace" or has a spade symbol for the time being though...

I bought a black silicone ring on Amazon. I like it because it's durable, and it feels really good to wear a symbol of my identity - even if just to remind myself that I've figured out who I am and I'm not broken.

Only one person so far has seen it and known what it meant - and he's one of my best friends so it actually offered me the opportunity to come out to him.

ha I need to be better at measuring my finger. I ordered one off amazon and it came like 3.5 sizes too big. I'm going to get one a lot smaller now.

Black tungsten. Walmart, $35. If anyone has ever noticed they didn't ask or say anything about it. Though it wouldn't bother me if someone did. 

I wear mine for myself, like my army dog tags I still wear.  They are tangible things that are part of my self identity. 

Archived