What...Am I?

SlipScout

Hey! First post so lets hop on the Ace Train! Heh. Anyways, I’ve been identifying as Ace/Aro for the past year or so(2-3 years since I found out about LGBTQIA+) and a few people expressing their crush on me has led me to question if I still was Aromantic. I figured I’d be gray-romantic, possibly pan, but.. how do I k n o w? Is there a way? I mean, I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately and it’s confusing, in a sense. I’ve always preferred hugging rather than kissing(even just kissing is just p weird to me) and never really thought about actually having a romantic relationship with anyone I know. If anything I looked at my friends and thought “yeah I’d spend my life with them” or something like that.. so, how can you really tell if your aromantic, panromantic or grayromantic? 

Have you ever had romantic attraction? Have you had a crush before? You can experience squishes, which are like platonic crushes, but they’re not crushes.

• 1 month later...

Romantic attraction can be really confusing. It's perfectly fine to take some time to question your orientation. A panromantic person is romantically attracted to all genders. There are some people who get confused before they learn the term aromantic and asexual they assume that they are pan because they are attracted to all genders equally and that is why they have never felt that "spark." Gray-romantic means something a little different for everyone, I think. It might be best to ask someone who is grayace about their experiences or look through the AVEN threads about grayaces. Kissing isn't an inherent romantic or sexual act. I'm a romantic ace and I don't like kissing. For me, hugging and cuddling is a more pleasurable act, but I also enjoy those activities with my close friends. When I was in a romantic relationship I felt romantic attraction to my partner. I'm not sure how it was different from my relationships with my friends, but it just was. There are the general questions that might help you figure out if you have experienced romantic attraction like do I imagen doing romantic activities with a person, do I daydream about going on dates with a person, do I want to get married to a person. There are many different relationships an aromantic or even a romantic person can get in and develop into and some of them end in wanting to spend the rest of their lives together, but that's not necessarily romantic. Here's a website that might help. https://pairedlife.com/gender-sexuality/What-is-Aromantic-Am-I-Aromantic Good luck!

Archived