Show us your grey!

kbrd143

Well, there is a long-running photo thread dedicated to the young 'uns. Nancy (AKA, Greybird) and I figure that we need a photo thread for the more mature asexuals, as well. And we're gonna put our photo where our thoughts is ... uh, are. Whatever. Here's a picture:

DSC_1383--small.jpg

I'm the one on the right. No, really. That person from the television show is gone. Or, at least, about a third of him is.

Nancy is on the left -- but she is recognizable as the person from the TV. . . .

Great thread idea! There aren't that many of us older ones, I'd love to see what y'all look like. Me, I got no grey, but...here ya go!

p100027538bq.jpg

I got my first grey by my freshman year in high school, do I count?

And Keith, both of you are in the other thread as well. And might I also say, Keith, daymn you lost some weight.

And might I also say, Keith, daymn you lost some weight.

understatement of the year. Lookin' goood, Keith.

Hey, this isn't fair!!! What about those of us going bald. I'd love to have lots of grey hair. :cry:

mouth brooder

Untitled-1.jpg

This is my face on the scanner photo from the other all new photo thread.

My hair seems to be going from uber blonde to white--skipping the grey.

Anybody else out there have invisible eyebrows and lashes?

More motivation to have my picture taken! Somehow, I've not had one taken in many years. And the last one was just dreadful. At least I can now say that truly doesn't look like me anymore :wink:

Will have a photo taken soon so I can post here too!

P.S. I want my grey hair! I've been waiting and waiting and it just doesn't happen :( I know that may sound strange...but otherwise I tend to still look like a little kid. That might be allright in a way, but with my small stature and soft voice it tends to get me dismissed and not taken very seriously. So I've been hoping that a bit of silver might help give some physical 'presence' to go with my experience :)

• 2 weeks later...
FelineFanatic

Finally can respond to something! I had one of those pesky trojans this morning.

I only have 5 or 6 grey hairs, but have not had my picture taken in about 14 years! It seems like I am always the one taking the pictures of others.

Anyone have a link to the other thread. I haven't looked at it in a verrrrry long time ...... BTW, all of my hair that had the courage to remain when all the others left is rather grey .... "rofl@the sun reflecting on the wall"

FelineFanatic
Anyone have a link to the other thread. I haven't looked at it in a verrrrry long time ...... BTW, all of my hair that had the courage to remain when all the others left is rather grey .... "rofl@the sun reflecting on the wall"

Great! :lol: :cake:

Like dyyanae, I don't think I have a picture, nor would I know how to post it if I did :oops:

My first greys showed up at about 20ish and my sister who is 6 yrs older than I just loved to point them out :P

One of my staff I have hired now as a receptionist also is going for a cosmotology license--she said I could get my hair cut short *or* go grey, not both...in the interest of convenience and peace at work, I went short. I'll probably let it all out when 1)she's gone or 2) I turn 50, whichever comes first :)

Okay, now I'm starting to feel conspicuous and paranoid!

I don't wanna be in the only "grey" picture.

-GB

I have the odd grey hair, but I suppose I take after my dad, who at 65 was only just beginning to really show grey when he died. True, his once carrotty ginger had faded to brown...

UnicornLady

40 not out... The henna hides the grey. (This was at my old Mediæval History Dept reunion last year)

MMG-2005Reunion.jpg

Hello, this is really fun seeing pictures of people here....now I know who I am reading about and/or messageing. Good to know all of you....keep posting your pictures!!! I would put mine up, but I am not that computer literate yet....I know how to get here, write a letter, email and do a little photography stuff on the computer for scrapbooking. I love this "older" part of AVEN. Thanks so much for making it possible. Peachtree

The henna hides the grey.

Very cool, unicorn.giffemale.gif, yes, nice red henna can be a nice addition (coverup, realy 8) ) for gr--, uh, not naturally red, hair. :)

(This was at my old Mediæval History Dept reunion last year)

:o I would love to be part of a Mediæval History Dept.

UnicornLady

The hair is still more brown than grey under the henna, but it was always a sort of mousey, can't-decide-whether-it's-fair-or-dark sort of brown, so I started dyeing it red c. 1984 or 85, as my one of my favourite artists was a redhead. (Also why I dress predominantly in black, black and white or strong colours with black).

My first degree was in Mediæval History, and I'm still good friends with fellow students and former tutors from those days.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How does one post a photo?

You need to use a host site like imageshack or photobucket. Just follow the instructions you find. You will need to have the picture you want to use on your computer, and you will need to know the location of that file.

You have an av I see, the process for posting a photo is just about the same as what you did when you selected your avatar.

• 1 month later...

Archived