Ace rings?

squaggly

Blissful_Sins
5 hours ago, Dani-Chan said:

Can't stop laughing my a$$ off! 😆

Seriously, tho. Do swing parties still exist? Thought that was more of a 70s thing... But, hey, whatever floats your boat...  

Apparently, my parents were invited to one when they were younger. And no, they didn't throw their keys into the bowl. Talk about one of those TMI moments... 😱

That'd be fun if they still do :D 

A picture was added to the previous post to show the ring to scale. 

The two difficulties I frequently encountered, when attempting to buy a ring in a store, was the ring size and band thickness. 

The black rings I found in shops were typically designed to be worn by men; however, three days ago I found a black ring, included with a grouping of rose gold colored fashion rings, at Forever 21. 

On 2/26/2018 at 12:23 PM, Lucas Monteiro said:

That ring is SO cool! (OoO) 

Unfortunately, the site said that it's currently unavailable. Aw... ☹️

15 hours ago, Dani-Chan said:

That ring is SO cool! (OoO) 

Unfortunately, the site said that it's currently unavailable. Aw... ☹️

Some artists offer unique items on Etsy which unfortunately cannot be mass produced. I've bought some ace wear that can no longer be purchased. 

On 6/22/2018 at 12:02 PM, Chimerical said:

Some artists offer unique items on Etsy which unfortunately cannot be mass produced. I've bought some ace wear that can no longer be purchased. 

True. I'll have to keep my eyes open for those unique items! 😍

Sweet Potato

Got mine at a jewelers, tungsten carbide 6mm. it was in the men's wedding bands. I paid $330 for it.

I got my current black ace ring from a local health food store. Cost me between $5 - $6. It's very strong and sturdy. Hasn't broken yet! :D 

My first two came from a small kiosk at a local mall. Broke both of them by accident... :( Cost me around $10 each time. I was very happy when I found the cheaper one at the local health food store merely by chance. Score! 😁

4 hours ago, Dani-Chan said:

I got my current black ace ring from a local health food store. Cost me between $5 - $6. It's very strong and sturdy. Hasn't broken yet! :D 

My first two came from a small kiosk at a local mall. Broke both of them by accident... :( Cost me around $10 each time. I was very happy when I found the cheaper one at the local health food store merely by chance. Score! 😁

Do you know the material composition of your current ring? 

26 minutes ago, Chimerical said:

Do you know the material composition of your current ring? 

Good question. 🤔

You know, I'm not sure. I think it may be some kind of stone. I go to that health food store quite a but, so I'll ask next time I'm there. 

Whatever it is, it's a heck of a lot tougher than those last two rings!

On 6/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, StrangerThing said:

I've thought about getting some of these stacking rings (https://www.etsy.com/shop/Alaridesign/items?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=16576543).  With black, gun metal, silver, and violet, I could wear the pride colors.

My only worry would be that the purple colored ring might chip or scratch if those rings are like the Indian bangles I used to wear all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

I actually made mine With some wire and painted it black. I had never really worn rings at all before so I didn't want to spend money on it for me to end up not wearing it. I'm glad I made it tho, makes it a little more special and I do wear it. It's only been a couple days and I already feel weird without it on

On 6/22/2018 at 2:04 AM, Chimerical said:

The two difficulties I frequently encountered, when attempting to buy a ring in a store, was the ring size and band thickness.

I found knowing my ring size the problem with buying online. So I went to some local jewellery shops. But none of those had any black only rings, so I asked if they would measure my size even though I wasn't going to buy a ring. They were happy to do that. Then I got two on ebay, one year apart. The first one was "painted" tungsten carbide. After a year of gardening it was not very black any more, so then I bought an onyx one, maybe two years ago. That's still looking good:

33114908455_1254a11d39_n.jpg

Both were $0.99 including shipping.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:51 PM, AndrewL said:

Ehh, similar? i think, but also different, swingers are couples and polyamorous are single, i think?

I would say that polyamorous see each partner as equally important, while swingers have one partner and any number of sex buddies.

Taylor Lilith
3 minutes ago, lapat67 said:

I would say that polyamorous see each partner as equally important, while swingers have one partner and any number of sex buddies.

A swinger is basically a person in an open relationship where casual sex with people outside a relationship. Poly would be devoted relationships where casual sex would not permissible.  If you can think monogamy, think that but with many partners instead of just one. 

This has the definition of swingster https://fetlife.com/glossary but all I can really say about poly is that my partner is poly and has another partner and I care about my partner and orientations that aren't mine so I've talked to many of my poly friends about it. So basically using myself, my boyfriend, my boyfriends boyfriend, and my friends as a source. I don't really have anything to provide other than that. Sry. 

( I can't find the op's actual post =/, not the most accurate of quotes )

My ring has been through probably almost 200 line shifts many of them closing dish/utility shifts. No scratches. Still just as black as when I bought it in January. 

Archived