Ace rings?

squaggly

I just went to Shopko and got a cheap black ring with silver bands on the ends, I would recommend getting something more scratch resistant though, because mine got a little scratched up when I was doing hand cleans, and I think you should get one if you want to, it's up to, plenty of aces don't get them and some do, it's entirely up to you and what you want. 

Just now, Dean. said:

I just went to Shopko and got a cheap black ring with silver bands on the ends, I would recommend getting something more scratch resistant though, because mine got a little scratched up when I was doing hand cleans, and I think you should get one if you want to, it's up to, plenty of aces don't get them and some do, it's entirely up to you and what you want. 

about how much do you think you paid for it?

Taylor Lilith

I got mine from amazon.  I would have liked something more feminine but I work in a restaurant so I got a very basic tungsten ceramic band for 10 dollars.  Looks like you're male so I'm guessing you may want a band like mine....guessing.

Here's a picture.

71+nSHj5nOL._UY575_.jpg

and the link if you're interested.

As far as getting one it's your choice.  I have probably seen one person who noticed so if that is something that concerns you I would say it's unlikely to make much of an effect.

Extroverted Introvert

I got this ring off Amazon. I was looking for something simple but still feminine and I liked this one. It was about $9. Here's a picture.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTnJao3R3QD7p8hoZAAwD

Honestly, my recommendation to look online I saw a lot of neat black bands online for relatively cheap. I was nervous to buy mine online because of the sizing issue. Read the comments on the product because previous buyers give tips on whether it is sized correctly or runs small or something like that.

got mine from amazon for $.01 plus 6.95 shipping and handling
20180217_224258_Film1_1.jpg

Amazon is always a good bet to get an idea of what you might want. I bought my first ring for about £3.95 (~$5.50), liked the style but got the sizing wrong. So re-ordered for the same price again and got the correct size. 

eBay is also okay although the sizings and descriptions can lead you a merry dance (especially for incredibly cheap offerings from China or equivalent). 

I've seen one or two Ace rings on Etsy, although they're quite pricey and generally aren't as subtle as a single black band. 

What you need to consider is how you're going to wear it. If you do a lot with your hands, consider a strong material as some finishes wear off or scratch. Some homeopathic / hematite rings are brittle and being magnetic might cause problems. Also don't discover that you're allergic to your ring after you buy it! 

Lucas Monteiro

I got mine from a "stone stall" on an outside market in Germany, paid 3€ for it. It's very thin and made out of agate so rather breakable but I've had it for two years and it still looks perfect. I'd totally recommend getting one, I like wearing it to formal events and family gatherings where I might need a reminder that my identity is valid.

I got mine from AliExpress, and I think it only cost a few dollars. About whether you should get one- up to you, I got one cause it makes me more comfortable and confident in my identity.

There was a stand for cheap jewelry in a market near my place, and the people there were confused as to why I so badly wanted a broken and permanently black mood ring for Christmas! :D

And should you get one? Well, I too recommend it; personally, it makes me feel comfortable, valid and confident, and it's fun wearing it. But it's entirely up to you!

• 3 months later...

I got a black tungsten ring off Amazon for $12 because it was prime eligible (free shipping), but there are cheaper options available. 

MissMidnight

I got a hematite one but I wear it on my thumb instead. 

Whether you get one or not is entirely up to you (and the reason you may want one). I wear mind as a personal reminder that I am not alone, that there are others who feel the way I do.

I actually made mind from some clear cord and small black beads that I already had - made two to make them more noticeable while wearing them.

I would like to eventually have a small collection of Ace rings that I can alternate between - been looking at Amazon because I've had no luck finding black rings in my size in stores. When looking online, I strongly recommend paying attention to both the materials being used and the reviews left by previous purchasers as well as getting your finger sized before buying anything.

Those look beautiful and I have zero luck finding black rings my size in stores as well. 

The materials used to make the ring depends on your choice activities.

You may need to remove your ring so it doesn't become damaged or invest in something sturdier. 

I got mine from Enso.  They make silicon rings and they have a good selection of styles and price ranges.  I wasn't looking to spend a bunch of money and I'm really clumsy and rough on my hands so hematite was a no go for me.  

Should you get one?  That's up to you.  Personally I think it's a great thing for us to have a common symbol and for me it was a great way to start getting to the point where I feel comfortable telling people.  I'm not out out yet, but wearing the ring has been a good low key way to be public about and start psyching myself up.

https://ensorings.com/

AwkwardAxolotl

I got my first one at a touristy shop somewhere that sells the gemstone rings. I broke that one fairly quickly though, hematite isn't the best choice for someone who works with their hands. Next up I got a stainless steel one from Amazon, and I had that one for several years. It worked well, the only issue was that it fluctuated between too tight and too loose (my fingers swell when I overheat, and shrink when they get cold, so I would lose my ring whenever I had to stick my hand in one of the tanks housing a cold-water fish species at work, and when I was hiking in the summers, I wouldn't be able to get the ring off). So I got a silicone ring off Amazon about a year ago. I originally wasn't sure it would be durable enough, but it's survived so far, and it stretches, so I don't have any issues with it falling off/getting too tight.

Blissful_Sins

Souq.com

Same as @TaylorWaffle's ring, but I don't wear it cuz it's a size 10 and I'm prob'ly a size 9, idk- I'll find out in a week, technically my finger size is 9 and 1/2, US measurement btw idk, and dad was like get it 10- rip

20 hours ago, MissMidnight said:

I got a hematite one but I wear it on my thumb instead. 

you are aware that aces wear their rings specifically on the middle finger, wearing a black ring on you right hand on any other finger might get you confused as a swinger? but i mean, what ever floats your goat! just wanted to make sure you were aware of it!

Blissful_Sins
1 minute ago, AndrewL said:

swinger

What's a swinger

@Blissful_Sins its basically the opposite if an ace, they are basically large groups of people (usual married, i think?) who are all in open relationships with each other and on a regular basis swap partners to have sex with and/or group sex.

Blissful_Sins
1 minute ago, AndrewL said:

@Blissful_Sins its basically the opposite if an ace, they are basically large groups of people (usual married, i think?) who are all in open relationships with each other and on a regular basis swap partners to have sex with.

So polyamorous?

22 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

So polyamorous?

Ehh, similar? i think, but also different, swingers are couples and polyamorous are single, i think?

35 minutes ago, Blissful_Sins said:

What's a swinger

a few weeks ago i was looking up swing sets i can buy. came across the phrase swing party and got so excited. meeting up to play on swings?! awesome! turns out, that's not what a swing party was.

Blissful_Sins

1 minute ago, lamperouge said:

a few weeks ago i was looking up swing sets i can buy. came across the phrase swing party and got so excited. meeting up to play on swings?! awesome! turns out, that's not what a swing party was.

You just made my devils hour lmao it's 0331 here

MissMidnight

Basically you put your keys in a bowl and whoevers you pull out you have sex with type party. It was like nooo not even close. 

3 hours ago, lamperouge said:

Can't stop laughing my a$$ off! 😆

Seriously, tho. Do swing parties still exist? Thought that was more of a 70s thing... But, hey, whatever floats your boat...  

Apparently, my parents were invited to one when they were younger. And no, they didn't throw their keys into the bowl. Talk about one of those TMI moments... 😱

I order a thin, tungsten ring online and might buy a second, slightly larger ring size, for wearing in the heat of the summer.  

It's durable, comfortable and has a matte surface with a shiny rim and interior (the glimmer on the edges is not visible in this picture). 

fN5BoZ9.png

I can't really recommend anything because my ring is a mood ring broken to turn permanently black. 😄

Archived