FINALLY able to Express myself!

RunningStrong

RunningStrong

So I'm a married ace who enjoys the biology of sex, but I need to be in the right mental space for it. My husband and I are still in the VERY early stages of figuring out our new normal and what that looks like.

Today, a couple of times he touched me in ways I an only describe as forward and sexual. Unfortunately I was very abrupt in telling him not to. In some ways it felt good but in other ways it felt really physically/mentally jarring.

We were able to talk later tonight, and I was able to both apologize for my abrupt rebuffs and explain to him how I felt. I was able to tell him that when he touches me out of nowhere (or even if we're hugging and he gets a little handsy or whatever), it's like me trying to have a really REALLY deep conversation with him first thing in the morning before he has his first cup of coffee. He apologized profusely, and I promised I'd find a better way of communicating "hands off!" that isn't so sharp.

We're also going to read "The Invisible Orientation" together (him on Kindle and me on audio). I hope that will help.

Wish us luck! :)

I'm glad you're figuring it out! I admire that you both are putting in the effort to understand each other. Good luck! :):cake:

This! This is me and my husband exactly he settles for trying to make me laugh instead (he's a very funny man) in order to feel more connected.   When he tries something I consider forward or sexual and he'll remember "nope, nope she doesn't like that" and instead of getting too upset he'll have me in stitches laughing

purplepassion

Hello, @BlindBeader! You're blessed to have a husband who understands and does his part to make everything work :) Good luck on your marriage! :) 

Archived