Can you have Sexual Attraction but have absolutely no interest in sex?

Anxious Aromantic

Anxious Aromantic

I am currently pretty sure I'm aromantic, for the record. Okay, let's give a scenario. You see someone walking down the street with a nice butt and you find them hot. your body reacts how it does (trying to keep this gender neutral) but the idea of putting a part of your body inside their body just disgusts you to no end. One part seems allosexual the other seems asexual. Please help, idk about you but being confused about my sexuality is just the worst.

Yes.  This would make you a sex-repulsed sexual (which is an actual thing; many others like this have been on these boards)

Not all sexuals necessarily want to act on it though, same as any other sort of thing where you might have an urge to do it but have your own reasons for not doing so which can override that urge.  Some might have religious reasons, some might have more practical reasons (they are not willing to risk pregnancy, disease, or attachment), others might just think it's gross.

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

@FictoVore. would say that it isn't sexual attraction and I'd agree with her. Her kind of opinion brought me some peace of mind. I'm able too to feel this kind of "attraction" - but completely unable to actually desire sex with anyone.

• Like 1

Hey Anxious Asexual

I think you absolutely can - I reckon that is what it’s like to have a low sex drive. You find people sexually attractive but not have a desire acting upon those feelings which simply results in not having sex :)

• Like 1

In my opinion? Sure. I can think someone is attractiveand be aroused. I call myself asexual because while I can feel this way I hsve no desire for partnered sex.

This is a good thread in my opinion.

• Like 1

I always call it aesthetic attraction, but I don't really find butts that attractive . For me it's like I'm stuck where I was when I was a kid. I would swoon over boy band members for being cute but never actually wanted to have sex with them. There are quite a few people I find to be dreamy.

• Like 2