Seeing ex again-bad idea?

artemisia

More than a year ago, I dated a guy who thought he was asexual, but it turned out he was not. Feeling things wouldn't work, I broke up with him. I then spent months feeling depressed and regretful, during which I hinted that I might like to get back together. He said he didn't want anything serious. After some half-hearted attempts at dating (both aces and non ace), I ended up with an ace guy near me. Now my ex contacted me (after ending things with someone else) to ask if I'd like to hang out with him. Would it be a bad idea to see him again? I still have feelings for him, but I wouldn't want to hurt the other guy's feelings by dumping him all of a sudden. (I think it would be wrong to see both of them at the same time.)

When friends have like/loved 2 people at once and asked for my advice I've told them to pick the second because if there is a second person then their feelings for the first person just werent strong enough. This has worked for alot of them but its situational. 

I personally would stick with the current person you have, by what youve written to me it seems like your going to be jerked around by the ex but I do not know him so only you can judge on that. 

It would be wrong to me to see both guys and it seems unfair. If you want to hang out as in have coffee with the ex and just chat then that's not so bad thats a friendly meeting but if your going there to see if you'd like to leave your current partner for him that to me is a little mean, I'd be more inclined to tell my current partner that my ex wants to hang out and I'm considering going type of thing but thats me and well that could also cause problems..

Not really sure what you should do but I'd stick with the second/current partner by what youve written. 

Hopefully that helps a little bit :) If it comes off mean or anything that wasnt my intention.

EveningWonder17

I think it's a bad idea, especially when you still have feelings for him. Granted, I really don't know anything about what your relationship with him was like, but if you felt things weren't going to work out between the two of you, I think you would need to ask yourself why you felt that way and if has anything really changed since then. Also, would it be worth throwing away what you with your current bf? If things are good between the two of you, then it'd be a shame to throw it away. Ultimately, it is your decision, but if you insist on meeting him then break up with your current bf, because it's unfair on him for you to meet with your ex with the intentions of figuring out if you should get back together. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if he did it to you. Also, I have to point out that, the fact you're considering meeting up with your ex, tells me you mustn't like your current bf that much anyway. 

One thing you will learn from returning to an ex, is that it ended for a reason.

Main reason most of these situations end up in passion filled rebound sex scenarios and even more heartache.

He even makes it clear. He wants nothing serious with you.

He reached out to you because he's rebounding.

Leaving your current partner to return to an old flame that will do the same you are considering to doing to someone will feel like karma once you regret it.

If you want closure it's one thing. Trying to get back with him, is a bad idea.

Archived