Meeting others like me

Yeast

The past few months I have had the great privilege of actually meeting asexuals and getting to discuss things with them. One I met on a protest march and the other is a member of a loose association of local asexuals. In both cases I noticed there were no barriers between us like gender, race or age. Both were young women and seemed pleased to talk to me. I was a bit surprised how much me and my last acquaintance had in common. In both cases my friends seemed to be liberal like myself but perhaps this is to be expected in people who identify with a non-conformist sexual orientation. Both me and my second friend also disliked conformity in general. She posted me her telephone number so I can contact her again. I would really like to get to know her and her friends better. 

Lucas Monteiro

It's really good to know that some asexuals can find others like them not so far away, and that in some places there is even local associations of asexuality. Here where I live there is none of that, but still I get really happy to see that other people have the chance to have that. Even more nice is that you can see there is no barriers standing between you and other people, and it's truly interesting to notice that this happen more to some stand or at least close to a pattern with people who identify outside the heterosexual orientation.

That's awesome. I haven't met any asexuals so far as I know but the sexuals I choose to keep as company are all very open-minded, accepting, respectful, kind people. At first when I realized I was asexual, I wanted to know other asexuals but I'm not really feeling like it's necessary to seek others out anymore since the people in my life are so compatible with me despite our differing orientations.

I personally feel like I live on an island. And there aren't any other asexuals around me. But if you think they'd make good friends and people for your support system I say go for it! 

I met another asexual in a tiny little town I never expected to. That was odd for me. I thought we were really rare, so I never expected to find one there of all places!!! I also met a demisexual and another asexual online without even knowing they were that.... They keep popping up randomly in my life, so I think we probably do tend to congregate around certain interests. 

On 25/02/2018 at 10:31 PM, Lucas Monteiro said:

It's really good to know that some asexuals can find others like them not so far away, and that in some places there is even local associations of asexuality. Here where I live there is none of that, but still I get really happy to see that other people have the chance to have that. Even more nice is that you can see there is no barriers standing between you and other people, and it's truly interesting to notice that this happen more to some stand or at least close to a pattern with people who identify outside the heterosexual orientation.

Lucas, 

Where in Brazil do you live? Here in São Paulo, we are starting groups and meetings to discuss about asexuality and to meet other aces. It is being an incredible experience. I will be really nice to see you in one of our meetings. :lol:

Archived