Hi!

dnm

Hi everyone,

This is actually very strange for me. I am in my early twenties and have been in a relationship for six years. It broke up because I moved to another country and realised that the relationship was not making me happy. Deep inside of me I have always known that something was different in me regarding sex, as my couple was sexual but for me it were actually a relief when I could avoid sex. Also, I have had a lot of discussions regarding that I was not fulfilling his needs. After breaking up with him, I realised that I do not experience sexual attraction at all with people and that during all this time I was pretending to be someone else just to feel "normal" in this society. It is a huge step to talk about this here in the forum and hope to learn more things and find out who I really am.

Have a nice day you all!

Hello

Welcome :)

Well you've come to the right place and I'm sure you will find yourself here or at least some answers with alot of supportive people ^.^

Welcome! This is the perfect place to come and find yourself! There are so many people from across the world with different cultures, beliefs, and ideas, all united under their lack of sexual attraction. I’m sure you’ll fit in wonderfully here :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

Archived