An asexual on Aussie MAFS?

Gldlynch

Hey AVEN

Does anyone here watch Married At First Sight Australia? Because Nasser is getting grilled for not showing any sexual interest into his wife...

People are suggesting he is either a closeted gay or asexual. Either way they wont stop emphasising the importance of sexual chemistry in a relationship. This is ignorance at it's best.

Soz, had to get it off my chest.

56 minutes ago, Una Salus Victus said:

And people wonder why I don't watch TV

Ugh, I hate getting swept up into this drama, consider yourself blessed.

2 hours ago, Gldlynch said:

This is ignorance at it's best.

It depends on what he disclosed when he helped the so called experts create his profile.

My understanding is that each person provides very particular detail about themselves and an almost scientific match is found.

Did he disclose that he doesn’t like sex with woman? I doubt it given that the experts have matched him with a woman who I’m guessing would like sex. 

It isn’t ignorant on behalf of any person to say that he must but gay or asexual if that’s the way appears. For example if she clearly states to him that she would particularly like to start having regular sex together, it wouldn’t be ignorant to say that she appears to be a heterosexual sexual would it?

2 hours ago, James121 said:

It depends on what he disclosed when he helped the so called experts create his profile.

My understanding is that each person provides very particular detail about themselves and an almost scientific match is found.

Did he disclose that he doesn’t like sex with woman? I doubt it given that the experts have matched him with a woman who I’m guessing would like sex. 

It isn’t ignorant on behalf of any person to say that he must but gay or asexual if that’s the way appears. For example if she clearly states to him that she would particularly like to start having regular sex together, it wouldn’t be ignorant to say that she appears to be a heterosexual sexual would it?

Very, very true.

I just got frustrated that people assumed he was gay because he wasn't showing any sexual interest in his wife. And I simply thought... what about asexuality? Just because he doesn't feel a sexual spark, doesn't automatically make him gay. It was more of the response from the public (e.g. Twitter) that had me a little fired up 😅

Ms. Carolynne

TBH, I don't really get these blind marriage shows.

I'm more surprised these people are expected to have feelings for eachother, and apparently get sexual.

What are the circumstances? Isn't it possible he simply doesn't find her sexually attractive regardless of orientation?

I guess I could go for a little more background as to what is going on with the show.

I'm not sure why his orientation is in question to begin with.

1 hour ago, Gldlynch said:

Very, very true.

I just got frustrated that people assumed he was gay because he wasn't showing any sexual interest in his wife. And I simply thought... what about asexuality? Just because he doesn't feel a sexual spark, doesn't automatically make him gay. It was more of the response from the public (e.g. Twitter) that had me a little fired up 😅

Yeah guess asexuality is often overlooked which doesn’t help. Lots of people don’t know it exists. That show is an odd concept to me though. Why anyone would ever be willing to get married having never met their spouse to be is beyond me. Surely it’s asking for trouble!

Archived